Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 JT Tour: London Or Dublin?

Options
  • 19-01-2017 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I know there's a very good chance of getting a virtual hanging for this but have a genuine question on which U2 gig to see.

Backstory:
    I signed up for the pre-sale and had everything ready to go to get a RZ ticket for Dublin. It failed miserably as the Red Zone link wasn't selling any RZ tickets. I later found out it was because someone screwed up and allowed anyone to buy a RZ ticket the day before with no pre-sale code. Needless to say I was pretty upset but somehow thought to check again at 10.30 and managed to get 2 x Pitch 2 tickets for Dublin.
    I had another bit of luck this morning when I managed to get 2 x RZ for Twickenham (I live in London).

My question is.. which will be the better gig / experience. Pitch 2 in Croker or RZ in London? 

Red Zone was the goal, it's a phenomenal experience, rocking up just before the gig starts and having an amazing position. We had it before in Croker and the lads came out on the ramps at least 3 times and we had life changing moments up front with each member of the band - will dig out the video and post it later.

With Pitch 2 there's no guarantee of getting anywhere near as good a position as RZ but perhaps if we arrive early enough we could get to the front or near the front of the ramp and have a RZ like experience,  perhaps better as we'd be 'front and center'. How early do you think you'd have to arrive for this?

Overall RZ Twickers or Pitch 2 Dublin - what would you choose and why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

London more chance of JT there although footie season be over by then so he might be away on hols

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Blend this into the main U2 thread. No need for separate thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Life changing experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

I went to London and Dublin the last time around for the U2 i+e tour. London was better IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 anonymous2017

London more chance of JT there although footie season be over by then so he might be away on hols
    Sorry if I'm being a bit thick here - JT?

• Advertisement

Wheety wrote: »
    Life changing experience?
    It was for me Wheety - seeing your heroes up close - having learnt their songs note for note, playing music all my life, watching how they interact with the crowd without seeing it on a jumbo screen. The smallest details like watching how edge is able to play complex guitar sequences and still move around the stage - incredible and yep, life changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

John Terry ;)

Veloce wrote: »
    I went to London and Dublin the last time around for the U2 i+e tour. London was better IMO.
    Why was London better? 

Do you think there's a good chance of getting a good position on Pitch 2 for Croker or will it be the die hards who are there from 6am who will get first 1 - 3 rows in Pitch 2?

John Terry ;)
    AH - haha - good to know ;)

Advertisement