Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interviewer for internship hasn't got back to me, but has to other candidates

Options
  • 20-01-2017 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I had a second round interview for a internship on tuesday as a junior software developer. The first interview was the technical interview, this interview wasn't really a interview, more of a chat. The interviewer spent 45 minutes showing me their main product, giving me information on the company and asking me questions such as "What do I expect from this" How much do i expect to be paid" to which my answer was, I'm here to learn, so the money aspect doesn't bother me. The interview lasted for a bit over an hour. I was told they are taking on a few of us.

My concern is that I haven't heard back, while 2 other class mates have secured the job. She said I will be contacted in the next day or two, and I haven't been contacted and I' anxiously waiting for my phone to ring, or emails to come in. I'm going mad be anxiety.

Do youse think I haven't secured this internship, or there might be a chance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,970 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You might, you might not.

Maybe they only selected two so far, and are having internal discussions about the rest. Maybe they where just about to call you, when they got a message that their kid was sick. Maybe ... Maybe ... lots of maybes.

Don't try to second guess the, you'll just drive yourself cracked.

But do keep looking for other jobs or internships - don't stop that until you have a signed contract with one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 killasser

Hi asoawi, if that doesn't pane out, we are looking for support engineers and sales representatives at our place. I work for an American tech. company in Dublin. PM me your details, if you are interested.

Advertisement