Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

£10 off a £50 Order on Amazon. Today (20th) Only

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Thanks OP I ordered things I didn't even want to get a tenner off :) and it was dispatched with i-parcel as the Carrier anyone know who they are and have experience on how quick they deliver I've always had An Post deliver for me over the last 8/9 years of ordering off Amazon.

Dispatched this evening from Scotland and arrival date 3rd of February seems crazy considering the estimated arrival date when they were preparing to dispatch was 26/27th.

Fastway, they were abysmal for me personally before Christmas but had stuff delivered before ok (they aren't great at countryside addresses in my experience, so if you're in a town you'll probably be fine)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fastway, they were abysmal for me personally before Christmas but had stuff delivered before ok (they aren't great at countryside addresses in my experience, so if you're in a town you'll probably be fine)

Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Thanks Op,I just got my order in , £45 with the discount

They didn't have my most wanted items available on this

Worst thing ever for a hangover is Amazon uk.The place is a trainwreck to shop at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Corvus Libros

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Yes definitely.

sdssd.pngpictures upload

I tried the same items and free delivery comes up for me. (Game is cheaper now too.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Yeah fastway suck. Terrible experiences with them with not delivering items

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

WONT LET ME HAVE THE £10 off with tHE BIGTHANKS code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

torrevieja wrote: »
    WONT LET ME HAVE THE £10 off with tHE BIGTHANKS code

Has to be sold directly by Amazon and not just fulfilled by Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

Cheers OP. Just got paid and squeezed in before the lock :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Got myself a nice pressure washer in Warehouse deals A Vax P86-P4-T Pressure Washer for €90 how bad. Now i got to clean the patio left for two years since my Karcher gave up the ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Free shipping mysteriously came back right back after that "spend 50 get 10 off" promo ended.
    Strange that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Free shipping mysteriously came back right back after that "spend 50 get 10 off" promo ended.
    Strange that.

Yup- identical thing here- free shipping back on the 1ltr Monin sugar free vanilla.......

I feel giped. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Strange that.

I got the usual free shipping on orders over £50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

alastair wrote: »
    I got the usual free shipping on orders over £50.

Me too ! Thanks op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yep, no issue here with free shipping either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Free shipping back today. Tried the same item yesterday and no free delivery option. Disappointing that Amazon would try something like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

To be honest, from looking elsewhere, the issue with free shipping yesterday seemed like a genuine mistake from Amazon and they refunded anyone who contacted them saying they couldn't get free shipping.

I'm a developer for another online retailer and this sort of sh*t happens.. it's not intentional or underhanded.. it's a genuine error!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Free shipping back today. Tried the same item yesterday and no free delivery option. Disappointing that Amazon would try something like this.
    Basq wrote: »
    To be honest, from looking elsewhere, the issue with free shipping yesterday seemed like a genuine mistake from Amazon and they refunded anyone who contacted them saying they couldn't get free shipping.

I'm a developer for another online retailer and this sort of sh*t happens.. it's not intentional or underhanded.. it's a genuine error!

Doubt it's a genuine error.

I've never had any trouble getting free shipping until yesterday then viola it doesn't appear for a load of people.
    And like magic it;s back again today. I checked around 2am and it was back so 2 hours after the promo ended it's back? Come on that's too much of a coincidence.

It seems to be that Amazon decided to randomly select say 50% of customers to not get free shipping.

That way they don't stand to lose too much in this promo. They probably only run at a 4% profit margin so giving people £10 off out of £50 ie %20 is going to cost them an absolute fortune.

As for waiving the fee? Of course they take that line when people decide to ring them or live chat them ie: call them out in it.
    But how many people missed out on the free shipping cause they didn't know hwo to contact Amazon live?

Advertisement