Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdraft fees since 1999

Options
  • 20-01-2017 6:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi
    Can BOI please advise why they have charged me overdraft fees on an account that my wife and I have had for over 18 years. Thankfully we've never had to utilise this said overdraft option and cannot recall asking for it to be implemented but we're still being charged for it.

Numerous emails via your BOI365 service have yielded no explanation other than a droid response which ultimately translates to 'We don't know & we're not interested'. I had expected that the quarterly account maintenance fees would have at least led to some query from BOI.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

AlfaGTV76 wrote: »
    Hi
    Can BOI please advise why they have charged me overdraft fees on an account that my wife and I have had for over 18 years. Thankfully we've never had to utilise this said overdraft option and cannot recall asking for it to be implemented but we're still being charged for it.

Numerous emails via your BOI365 service have yielded no explanation other than a droid response which ultimately translates to 'We don't know & we're not interested'. I had expected that the quarterly account maintenance fees would have at least led to some query from BOI.
    Hi AlfaGTV76, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

We're sorry that you haven't received a satisfactory response when you've been in touch with us through the Service Desk. We would advise you to call our BOI Direct team on 0818 365365 or +3531 4044000 and a representative can investigate this further for you. The overdraft facility fee is separate to the quarterly account maintenance fee of €5 per quarter. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement