Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trials & Tribulation of Electric Ireland Customer Ireland

Options
  • 20-01-2017 7:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi

I'd like to start with my positive experience of dealing with what seemed to be the sole competent EI customer service agent, Noel Wxxxxx. Noel manged to resolve a completely and utterly screwed situation and handled it in the most professional and competent manner.
    The negative side is that I had been trying and failing to get the electricity connected to a house in Limerick and jumped through the usual hoops regarding MPRN numbers, proof of ownership, etc .
    At this point we entered the EI twilight zone of multiple emails, multiple representatives and multiple requests for the same information. This debacle started in September 2016 and was only concluded in December 2016.
    The deficiencies with the EI service that I noted are as follows:
    1. Most rep's could not care less. A query is submitted and the EI response is that its your problem and we need more information
    2. No feedback whatsoever. The information is provided and nothing happens.
    3. Another query submitted and the newly assigned rep has no idea of any history
    4. No central collation or collection of information or at least that is the impression. However Noel was able to view all previous queries so I suspect poor training wrt the other reps or they could'nt care less.

I cannot praise Noel Wxxxxx too much. I was at the end of my tether and very irate when I was finally put through to him and he was like the poster child for customer service, a god amongst the plebs of EI customer service. He certainly went the extra mile and contacted ESB networks and spoke to them directly to ensure the connection happened. 

If EI has a rewards programme this man certainly deserves it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi AlfaGTV76,

We regret to read of your unhappiness with your customer experience with Electric Ireland.

We are glad that your issue has now been fully resolved. As this is a public forum, we ask that posters do not include any personal information in their posts. For this reason, we would appreciate it if you could remove Noel's surname from the post for security reasons.

We would like to pass on your kind words to Noel and his manager. In order for us to do this, we need you to send us the following details via private message:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth

If you would like us to look into anything else for you, we would be happy to help.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement