Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€15 uber discount

• 20-01-2017 9:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭

Just noticed an offer when planning a journey via google maps that under the taxi icon they're offering €15 off uber if booked via the maps app

Think the cost has to be over 25 to apply

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Gmaximum wrote: »
    Just noticed an offer when planning a journey via google maps that under the taxi icon they're offering €15 off uber if booked via the maps app

Think the cost has to be over 25 to apply

How do you get it to show the Taxi icon when planning the journey on google maps? I see for Car, Public transport, cycling or walking.

I tried on Firefox and Chrome on windows. Is there a code that can be share?

You need to use the app rather than a browser on windows. And make sure it is updated to the latest version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

You need to use the app rather than a browser on windows. And make sure it is updated to the latest version.

Ok as there was a mention of Google maps I thought it was on the google app, I tried just now on the UBER app (Iphone) but I don't get the discount :(

It's on the Google Maps app. Make sure you have version 9.44.1 or above for Android. Not sure what version you need for the iphone (or if it works on the iphone).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭yannakis

I registered in ordered to use that code, but Uber registration gave me a hassle that went on for weeks with their random response time. When I got my account working, the credit had disappeared and the code was no longer accepted.

Great experience :D:D:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

just noticed this pop up for me, €15 off notification on google maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 FlamingMoe

Uber is only in Dublin isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SystemsMaster

Deals seems to be expired. Using up to date apps on Android and the Uber option isn't showing up on Maps, only Hailo.

Advertisement