Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinning hair

Options
  • 20-01-2017 11:28am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know what is the best product or men who are reseeding on top? Does anything work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

A hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Nioxin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Nioxin.

whats that?

jezzer wrote: »
    whats that?

A way for pharmaceutical companies to profit off the insecurities of men by medicalising a natural process.

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    A way for pharmaceutical companies to profit off the insecurities of men by medicalising a natural process.

and does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Castor oil is good you can look up tutorials on youtube. Hair supplements can be beneficial too, of course your hair follicles might be dead, if thats the case youre out of luck. Ask your GP perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gene Brodie

Does anybody know what is the best product or men who are reseeding on top? Does anything work?

Kerastase have a product called "initialiste" that claims to make hair grow...it gets rave reviews, you massage it onto scalp, website called feel unique has it...I know a friend used it and it seemed to speed up her hair growth... its not cheap but feel unique often have sales and you can register for 10% off your favourite brand. also have you seen the alpecin shampoo ad for men. Don't know if it works but might be worth a look.also nourokin tablets shampoo etc supposed to be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

None of those treatments work, at least as far as you want them to. You are getting old, deal with it.

Or get a hair transplant :P

Elemonator wrote: »
    None of those treatments work, at least as far as you want them to. You are getting old, deal with it.

Or get a hair transplant :P

seems to work for wayne rooney and colm best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Mam had this problem recently and hairdresser told her go to peter marks and get shampoo and special type of conditioner. Have to say definitely thickened her hair and new baby hair growing. Would recommend. Don't know the name I can check with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Im 27 and going bald, its in the genes, my dad has no hair and I started thinning young.

I don't mach 3 my head but I get a zero all over, basically stubble all round.

OP aside from a hair transplant your sh*t out of look, all those products are gimmicks that will just empty you wallet, you need to embrace it and accept it.

I have a few friends who are thinning and they do ridiculous comb overs and such to try and hide it and it looks awful, one guy even a quote on a transplant and we are talking ridiculous money and they said they couldn't guarantee it would be a success long term.

I can sympathize if you genuinely are upset about going bald, must be hard, but the best bet is to accept it and shave it in tight.

maryk123 wrote: »
    Mam had this problem recently and hairdresser told her go to peter marks and get shampoo and special type of conditioner. Have to say definitely thickened her hair and new baby hair growing. Would recommend. Don't know the name I can check with her.

that would be great thanks

Remember, baldness is nature's way of stopping young fellas getting stupid haircuts.

maryk123 wrote: »
    that would be great thanks

It'll be Nixon. That's what PM are selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Yes that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    It'll be Nixon. That's what PM are selling.

Nioxin.

It's fine, have used it myself as have family members. It must work differently on different people. For me and those I know, it's grand but not life changing. No new hair growth.

cactusgal wrote: »
    Nioxin.

It's fine, have used it myself as have family members. It must work differently on different people. For me and those I know, it's grand but not life changing. No new hair growth.

Yeh it autocorrected to Nixon. :P

I agree, it works for some and not for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

I don't know whether you want to try what my Indian girlfriends have been rubbing on their husbands' hair. Fresh ginger, skinned & squeezed to extract the juice & rub on head, if there is a warm feeling apparently that means it is working. It is cheap and easy and who knows, it might help. Leave it on overnight & shampoo in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I reseeded the top field one time it grew back nicely :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Dutasteride (Avodart 0.5mg) once a day, Nizoral shampoo 4 times a week leave in for 10 mins before wash out. An maybe if you want to throw Regaine into the mix, Varied reviews about it for hairline, but Avodart would stop it within months.

The tabs might have side effects I've heard that's its not to be used while trying for a child with ur partner.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Steve012 wrote: »
    Dutasteride (Avodart 0.5mg) once a day,

Just looked that up and it seems even more effective than Propecia, but only licenced in South Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Embrace it there's plenty more things in life to be worried about.
    Hair-Clipper1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Just looked that up and it seems even more effective than Propecia, but only licenced in South Korea.

Well my GP prescribes it for me for the last 8 years :) he even put his own son wide to it, and he took it. yep no sh*t

Advertisement