Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future Islands - Iveagh Gardens - 6th July

Options
  • 20-01-2017 11:57am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Future Islands
    Iveagh Gardens, Dublin
    Thursday 6th July 2017
    Gates 6.30pm
    Tickets priced €45 go on sale Friday 27th January at 9am through www.ticketmaster.ie & usual outlets nationwide.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Nice one. That’s a definite gig for me. Should be good. Although I only have 2 albums of theirs. Looks like it will be overload of Future Islands for the next 6 months.
    Wouldn’t have thought they would fill Iveagh Garden though.

Had quick google there and no mention about new album on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Nice one. That’s a definite gig for me. Should be good. Although I only have 2 albums of theirs. Looks like it will be overload of Future Islands for the next 6 months.

Ah they should fill that no problem, they went down a storm on the main stage at EP two years ago, good word of mouth will always help move tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

There was a Nialler 9 article yesterday indicating new album due this year, can't remember any date. I think they sold out 2 nights at Vicar street last year plus their EP set so this should sell well.

This will be fantastic anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Easy Rod wrote: »
    There was a Nialler 9 article yesterday indicating new album due this year, can't remember any date. I think they sold out 2 nights at Vicar street last year plus their EP set so this should sell well.

This will be fantastic anyway.

Vicar Street was back in 2014 would you believe so the appetitite to see them will be huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I don't get it, they said in the Electric Picnic interview in 2015 on RTE 2 that the next time they came to Ireland they were going to play Galway, maybe they might get added to the Galway arts festival line up in the Big Top.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I don't get it, they said in the Electric Picnic interview in 2015 on RTE 2 that the next time they came to Ireland they were going to play Galway, maybe they might get added to the Galway arts festival line up in the Big Top.

They fibbed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

waht's iveagh like as a venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Vicar Street was back in 2014 would you believe so the appetitite to see them will be huge.
    yep, and the tickets were €22.50 inc. fees, up to about €50 now

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

They fibbed

Maybe not, a lot of acts seem to play both venues iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chemicaldoc

I went to see them in Vicar street and they were brilliant. I subscribed to there news letters but can tseem to get a presale code anywhere?
    Pre sale starts tomorrow morning. Any ideas?

• Advertisement

I went to see them in Vicar street and they were brilliant. I subscribed to there news letters but can tseem to get a presale code anywhere?
    Pre sale starts tomorrow morning. Any ideas?

Did you buy the tickets online from TM for them last time around? I have them as a "favourite artist" on ticketmaster but got no email and I get all the newsletters etc.

Ticketmaster emailed a friend about the gig with presale info and I'm convinced it's because she purchased tickets last time around online.

Yes. I booked tickets last time round on TM. It only went up this afternoon about the pre sale. I called Aiken and it seems that there is a small presale for Spotify Super Fans. I am currently listening streaming FI in the hope for a code. General sale is has a limit of 9 tickets. So the Touts may do well unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

calling this now, there's no way this will sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

calling this now, there's no way this will sell out
    Wouldn't bet on it, capacity of Iveagh is only around 5000. They sold out 2 nights in Vicar St in 2014, that would be a total of 3000.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Seems a presale has started this morning. I got an email from Spotify for being a "fan" of them on Spotify and bought tickets with it.

Seems a presale has started this morning. I got an email from Spotify for being a "fan" of them on Spotify and bought tickets with it.

Yeah it was a weird one. Ticketmaster sent emails themselves two days ago about a presale and provided a link that was working but dead as of this morning an hour before onsale time and then emails came from Spotify just after 9 this morning that did work.

Anyway, got my tickets so very excited now!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

https://songkick.tickets/future-islands/

Got 2 get in there, great band live saw them last time in vicar street

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

https://songkick.tickets/future-islands/

Got 2 get in there, great band live saw them last time in vicar street

Thanks, I got 2 there but not it looks like they've sold out of that allocation.

Damn it, missed the presale.

Just followed link from FI website. Got tickets without code on presale through link.

• Advertisement

Just followed link from FI website. Got tickets without code on presale through link.
    Cheers, picked some up via their website too.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bikubesong

Nice one chemicaldoc, just got mine from that link too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭CD8ED

Any way to get these before they go on sale tomorrow or is the presale over?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

waht's iveagh like as a venue?

It has a lot going for it - lovely setting, right in the centre of town, easy to get in and out etc.

However I've been to a few gigs there (Bell X1, St Vincent, The Frames, The National) and it's full of chatterboxes who are out for the night and don't really give a ****e about the music. At one gig there was a girl who literally had her back to the stage for the whole thing yapping away.

Also the sound seems to be quite low. I guess because it's in the middle of a residential area. But coupled with the constant chatter it's a bad combo.

I recommend going right up front to avoid both of these issues.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Picked up a pair of tickets via the Spotify presale, nice one. Missed them in Vicar St. so very much looking forward to this but dread the chatterboxes. Last gig I was at there was St. Vincent in 2015, painful.

It has a lot going for it - lovely setting, right in the centre of town, easy to get in and out etc.

However I've been to a few gigs there (Bell X1, St Vincent, The Frames, The National) and it's full of chatterboxes who are out for the night and don't really give a ****e about the music. At one gig there was a girl who literally had her back to the stage for the whole thing yapping away.

Also the sound seems to be quite low. I guess because it's in the middle of a residential area. But coupled with the constant chatter it's a bad combo.

I recommend going right up front to avoid both of these issues.

You would think that this being a Thursday it might not be quite as bad as the Friday night gigs for people out for the night. If I recall St Vincent and the National were both Fridays.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Easy Rod wrote: »
    You would think that this being a Thursday it might not be quite as bad as the Friday night gigs for people out for the night. If I recall St Vincent and the National were both Fridays.

The boom is back, I don't think that the gig being a Thursday will be a deterrent but I hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

The only Iveagh Gardens gig I was at was The Pixies. The music drowned out any chatter. I've never seen Future Islands live before, but I would imagine that the music is lively enough that low levels of whispering shouldn't be a problem. It has ruined many a gig for me.

Does lead singer still do that funny dance that he did on Letterman show?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Future Islands has added another date 5th July Wednesday for Galway at the Black Box venue. 35 Euro :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

They've also added Dolans Pub on the 3rd of July and Cork Opera House on the 4th of July.

Advertisement