Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future Islands - Iveagh Gardens - 6th July

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Right I managed to get two standing tickets for their Cork Opera House gig on the 4th July for my sister and her husband for their respective birthdays. The problem is I live in Galway and they live in Bandon, when purchasing the tickets I found I couldn't change the delivery field to my sisters address in Bandon, which means they are defaulted to me a fortnight or so before the gig. I contacted Ticketmaster but apparently they can't change the delivery address for some reason :confused: So I emailed them again to see if I can change them to etickets where I simply just send the pdf to my sister to print off. I'm sure it will all work out in the end anyway, but ticketmaster are an awkward lot eh!

Edit: Just got another email from Ticketmaster saying that the 'print at home option' is not available for this event, how fecking stone age is that.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Right I managed to get two standing tickets for their Cork Opera House gig on the 4th July for my sister and her husband for their respective birthdays. The problem is I live in Galway and they live in Bandon, when purchasing the tickets I found I couldn't change the delivery field to my sisters address in Bandon, which means they are defaulted to me a fortnight or so before the gig. I contacted Ticketmaster but apparently they can't change the delivery address for some reason :confused: So I emailed them again to see if I can change them to etickets where I simply just send the pdf to my sister to print off. I'm sure it will all work out in the end anyway, but ticketmaster are an awkward lot eh!

Edit: Just got another email from Ticketmaster saying that the 'print at home option' is not available for this event, how fecking stone age is that.
    Why dont you change them to getting picked up at the box office

Why dont you change them to getting picked up at the box office

Would they not need my ID though as I'm in Galway and I purchased them, I also foolishly ticked that bloody missed ticket insurance box thinking it was Ticketmasters T&Cs, luckily I came across this thread and returned their email cancelling my event insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

@ bodhrandude; you'll get the tickets well in advance of the gig and be able to redirect them to Bandon.

I ordered mine on the first day of sale and received them soon after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

My tickets arrived yesterday.

If you were worried, I'd recommend calling the Opera House. They are very accommodating and may well be able to do something for you.

I've had tickets changed to pick up at the box office, changed postal addresses and even reprinted there. (I must be a f*cking nightmare.)

Also, I've never been asked for ID when picking up tickets at COH, though that wouldn't necessarily be a guarantee. However, I'd say if you flagged it with the venue that someone else would be picking them up, they'd be happy to assist.

Ticketmaster are a nightmare to deal with but COH are one of the friendliest venues in the country in my experience.

----

Also - new album out today. Sweeeeeeet.

• Advertisement

The new single Ran.

So Future Islands released a new album today called The Far Field, having only heard snippets of it though the Consequence of Sound stream, check it out, very nice.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/04/future-islands-release-new-album-the-far-field-stream-download/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

So Future Islands released a new album today called The Far Field, having only heard snippets of it though the Consequence of Sound stream, check it out, very nice.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/04/future-islands-release-new-album-the-far-field-stream-download/

On Spotify now too, I have to say I love the Future Islands especially Sam Herring - check out some of their releases under other pseudonyms

The Snails
    Art Lord and the Self-Portraits

Sam raps in the 3rd verse of this track too - not a rap fan in general but this is pretty solid

• Registered Users Posts: 24 venlo

is the concert sold out>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Showing up on ticketmaster as none available. There are very few gigs that are actually sold out until right up to the gig. Likes of Ed Sheeran, Adele would be proper sold out. No more available. But for many Artists, Ticketmaster drip-feed some tickets for sale at various intervals in the weeks before the gigs. I would be pretty confident that there will be tickets available for this at some point.

• Advertisement

Is this just the Dublin gig sold out, still hoping to get a Galway ticket in the next week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Gotta say, the new album is a major disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I sat down last night and listened through as he vinyl finally arrived and have to say I really like it. Will probably give it a second listen tonight.

Debbie Harry popping up on one track was a pleasant surprise too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Had a sneaky look at the typical setlists for the tour. Looks amazing.
    New album has really grown on me too. I was a bit underwhelmed at first. But there is great satisfaction in that feeling after about 20 listens - that you get a sense of excitement when putting on the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Had a sneaky look at the typical setlists for the tour. Looks amazing.
    New album has really grown on me too. I was a bit underwhelmed at first. But there is great satisfaction in that feeling after about 20 listens - that you get a sense of excitement when putting on the album.

yeah has really grown on me too.... thought it was very samey on first few listens but there are some great tracks there

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Zarkandar

Anyone know who's supporting FI for the Iveagh Gardens gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Zarkandar wrote: »
    Anyone know who's supporting FI for the Iveagh Gardens gig?

Sacred paws are the support act for all their Irish concerts

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Zarkandar

Peter File wrote: »
    Sacred paws are the support act for all their Irish concerts

Nice one, cheers Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Anyone know the stage times for the Opera House tomorrow night and how long Future Islands set will last ?
    I rang the Opera House but they dont seem to have a clue.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Anyone know the stage times for the Opera House tomorrow night and how long Future Islands set will last ?
    I rang the Opera House but they dont seem to have a clue.

Can't help you on the stage times but they're tour is playing between 20 and 24 songs per night so I'd guess somewhere between ninety minutes and two hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i still think the new album is cráp, and i've given it loads of listens. gig will still be good, they're playing loads of old stuff

Future Islands is listed in Galway as the doors opening at 7.30 pm, I presume support act is either on at 8 or 8.30 pm and FI on at 9.30 pm I'd say. Actually Cork Opera House opens their doors at 8 pm, so support act probably on at 8.30 - 9 pm at FI probably 9.30 - 10 pm.

https://www.corkoperahouse.ie/event/future-islands/2017-07-04/

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Been checking for Dublin daily and nothing avail. Is it indeed sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

i still think the new album is cráp, and i've given it loads of listens. gig will still be good, they're playing loads of old stuff

Shadows (featuring Debbie Harry) , from the new album, and is great. Pity it's not on their set list though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

dinneenp wrote: »
    Shadows (featuring Debbie Harry) , from the new album, and is great. Pity it's not on their set list though.

I was sure I saw it on one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I wouldn't be their biggest fan or anything, but I was watching them on you tube a while back and one of the comments i thought was hilarious - was something along the lines of "looks like an accountant on shrooms, trying out for a speed skating team":D

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I was sure I saw it on one of them?

On setlist.fm it looks like they've never played it live. All eleven other songs have been played with Ancient Water and Day Glow Fire being played less than everything else but Shadows doesn't appear once. It's user generated so open to mistakes obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

On setlist.fm it looks like they've never played it live. All eleven other songs have been played with Ancient Water and Day Glow Fire being played less than everything else but Shadows doesn't appear once. It's user generated so open to mistakes obviously.

I was going off setlist so I must've been mistaken. Shame that, love that song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Is it a case that they are know for a dance around a catchy song and that's it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Great gig by Future Islands in Dolan's last night. Samuel is some lead singer, going from whispering to loud growling in an instant and his brilliant dance routines.
    Also the support act Sacred Paws are well worth checking out.

Advertisement