Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future Islands - Iveagh Gardens - 6th July

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

seachto7 wrote: »
    Is it a case that they are know for a dance around a catchy song and that's it?

Well I know them for five albums, of which two or three are pretty brilliant and the others are at worst, very good.

The dance around a catchy song... Meh. It got them some attention I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Great gig by Future Islands in Dolan's last night. Samuel is some lead singer, going from whispering to loud growling in an instant and his brilliant dance routines.
    Also the support act Sacred Paws are well worth checking out.

Stage times for tonight in Cork

Doors:7.30pm
    Support:8pm - 8.30pm
    Future Islands: 8.55pm - 10.55pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

seachto7 wrote: »
    Is it a case that they are know for a dance around a catchy song and that's it?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Lads, caught these @ Rock Werchter and were one of the highlights. Is there much chance of getting two tickets for this or will it be impossible?

Lads, caught these @ Rock Werchter and were one of the highlights. Is there much chance of getting two tickets for this or will it be impossible?

Might get lucky with someone selling outside.

Otherwise keep an eye on their instagram. They hide pairs of tickets around the city they're playing the day of the gig or day before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I sold two of mine over on toutless earlier, set up an alert and you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I sold two of mine over on toutless earlier, set up an alert and you might get lucky.

cheers, will do.

Unreal gig in the Opera House, epic stuff.
    Samuel must be one of the best front men in the world, he was like an energiser bunny for the whole night, his shirt was stuck to him, he looked like he lost half a stone in sweat.
    Sound was very good and the crowd were brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭jacool

Zardoz wrote: »
    Unreal gig in the Opera House, epic stuff.
    Samuel must be one of the best front men in the world, he was like an energiser bunny for the whole night, his shirt was stuck to him, he looked like he lost half a stone in sweat.
    Sound was very good and the crowd were brilliant.
    What he/she said. Still buzzing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Best gig i was ever at.feel like i owe them money after the gig they just played in the opera house!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Saw them at Glastonbury and they were amazing.. was tempted to try and get tickets to Galway too.

Still amazed that Samuel Herring is only 33.. one of the best front men out there at the minute though!

smurgen wrote: »
    Best gig i was ever at.feel like i owe them money after the gig they just played in the opera house!

For 39 euro a ticket ,it was an absolute steal.

Good video from last night (not mine)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

What time do the main acts start & finish in the Iveagh Gardens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

anyone got any idea of what time to expect them to be on?
    Doors are 6.30pm and tickets says "plus special guest"

does Iveagh Gardens have a curfew?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

guile4582 wrote: »
    anyone got any idea of what time to expect them to be on?
    Doors are 6.30pm and tickets says "plus special guest"

does Iveagh Gardens have a curfew?

I'd guess that it's;

Doors 6.30.

Sacred Paws 7.30 - 8.00

Future Islands 8.30 - 10.30.

From Aiken Promotions

Here are the stage times:

Gates: 6:30pm
    Sacred Paws: 7:30pm
    Future Islands: 8:45pm

Thanks,
    AP

guile4582 wrote: »
    From Aiken Promotions

Here are the stage times:

Gates: 6:30pm
    Sacred Paws: 7:30pm
    Future Islands: 8:45pm

Thanks,
    AP

Damn, so close!

Damn, so close!

you're losing your edge!! you need more Fight Milk

• Registered Users Posts: 45 incaseiforget

smurgen wrote: »

Husband and young daughter went and they agree...said it was absolutely brilliant!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 incaseiforget

For 39 euro a ticket ,it was an absolute steal.

Good video from last night (not mine)

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bikubesong

Man, that's really whetted my appetite for tomorrow.

Anyone know what the security policy on backpacks and bags is likely to be at Iveagh Gardens what with the recent restrictions at other venues?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

bikubesong wrote: »
    Man, that's really whetted my appetite for tomorrow.

Anyone know what the security policy on backpacks and bags is likely to be at Iveagh Gardens what with the recent restrictions at other venues?
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]No queuing before gates opening[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6th July: Gregory Porter[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7th July: James Vincent McMorrow[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8th July: Bell X1[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9th July: Pixies[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10th July: Two Door Cinema Club[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]11th July: Alt-J[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gates open at 7pm[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*All Times are subject to change*[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Trinity College is at the heart of Dublin City Centre, located at College Green. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please Enter Trinity College Park via Lincoln Gate and Science Gallery Gate. There is no access via Front Archway or Nassau Street.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Due to increased security measures, Patrons are advised to be at the grounds as close to 7pm as possible.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]No Backpacks / Large Hanbags[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Searching is a condition of entry to protect your safety and that of others. Due to increased security measures, we strongly advise you allow sufficient time to get through security checks to gain entry to the venue in a safe and timely manner. To ensure as smooth an access as possible and to avoid any unnecessary delays we strongly suggest that you bring as little as possible with you to the event and minimize jackets and additional layers when possible. To avoid disappointment do not bring backpacks or larger handbags, you may be refused admission to the venue without a refund.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We recommend if you are bringing personal bag, purses or clutch bag, you should only bring those of smaller sizes i.e. those measuring 4.5in/11.4cm x 6.5in/16.51cm or smaller will be allowed. We will also conduct additional further security searches of clothing, bags and other items, as determined by us in our reasonable discretion, including on entry and exit.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There will be no cloakroom or storage facilities on site. bags must not be left at entrances or surrounding areas. any items left will be removed and disposed of accordingly. local, independently-operated bag drop/locker storage facilities available include Extreme Ireland
Tourism Office (37 college green) & Ned Kelly’s (O' Connell street upper).[/FONT]

That's for the Trinity College series and not the Iveagh Gardens concerts. May or may not be similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

That's for the Trinity College series and not the Iveagh Gardens concerts. May or may not be similar.
    Oops wrong thread. Yeah seems to be much the same for all events since Manchester attack

Irish Times reported that only bags A4 size or smaller will be allowed in.

Sensational performance but there was a serious amount of bell-ends in the crowd tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I couldn't agree more. I can't understand why people go to a gig and talk all the way through it. :mad:

Edited to add: FI were great. First time seeing them live and was impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bikubesong

Have to agree, wtf was up with people right up near the front chatting through every single song? Why not hang at the back if that's what you came for?

Nonetheless, didn't spoil the gig for me! Sam Herring is such a magical frontman. Morrissey-esque dramatics and yet so sincere in his crowd interactions.

• Advertisement

bikubesong wrote: »
    Have to agree, wtf was up with people right up near the front chatting through every single song? Why not hang at the back if that's what you came for?

Nonetheless, didn't spoil the gig for me! Sam Herring is such a magical frontman. Morrissey-esque dramatics and yet so sincere in his crowd interactions.

You must have been near that group of lads to the right of the stage near the front like us. Wouldn't stop talking for the whole night apart from when Seasons came on, constantly taking selfies (weirdly) and treating the night like a social get together. Could have murdered them.

Like you though, it didn't spoil the gig. Sam was incredible, the music was insanely good, the synergy with the crowd was brilliant and the lads Ireland jerseys (with the drummer in the keeper kit) were impressive!

Absolutely top class band and a top notch performance.

Advertisement