Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future Islands - Iveagh Gardens - 6th July

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Think it's my 3rd or 4th gig in Iveagh gardens and it's constantly a battle trying to move away from people talking. We were right up by the stage last night and could still hear people nattering!
    Good gig though but I preferred their show in Vicars Street a year or so back.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I thought it was great gig
    There was that contingent of people talking tho, which was awfully annyoing
    Also 5 Quid for beer was delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

The venue, the weather and the style of music Future Islands offer up made for quite an evening.

I wasn't sure they could carry it off in an outdoor venue but it was excellent.

Sam Herring's vocals could have been louder and drunk girls trying to elbow their way to the front are minor gripes. Other than that no complaints, really good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Amazing performance, amazing venue, been humming away to myself all morning. There's always the chatters but thought it was a great atmosphere overall

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

and 5 euro for a drink was a very pleasant surprise I was expecting 6.50 or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Good gig and wasn't near any chatters thank goodness. Though have seen them twice before and didn't think they quite reached the heights last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wouldn't be surprised with the success of this tour that they might still get added to the bill for EP.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Wouldn't be surprised with the success of this tour that they might still get added to the bill for EP.

Won't happen as they're playing in the US that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

They said last night that was their biggest ever headline show, hopefully that keeps them coming back for more. I'd be happy going to a Future Islands gig every other week. You get value for your money from them, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Sensational performance but there was a serious amount of bell-ends in the crowd tonight.

Even though I love Belle and Sebastian, I will never go to another gig in the Iveagh Gardens after St. Vincent the other year. Proper event junkies venue, loads of sh!theads just yakking away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement