Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insurance for house older than 100 years??

• 20-01-2017 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi

Currently looking around for best quotes for house insurance and having the same problem I have every year. Very few companies will provide a quote for house insurance for a house over 100 years old. Our house was built in 1900 and is in good order having been rewired and plumbed in the past 10 years.

Can anyone with an older house tell me who their insurer is so I can ring around and get the best quote?

(FYI my current insurer is FBD)

Thanks

Cian

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,474 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I run into this every year - house built 1904 - but I only bought it about 10 years ago, and have no idea when it was rewired/replumbed, except that it clearly was at some point.

Brokers are the way to go - I've used Aaron Insurances, Irish Pensions & Finance, Glennon's, 123.ie and various others over the last few years, having wound up banging my head off the wall with direct insurance companies.

ETA - current insurance is with Prestige via IP&F - I've used Prestige themselves as a broker for house/car insurance in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mickie smyth

Sorry for digging up an old thread.

Prestige have pulled out of the Irish market this year 2022. Does anytime have recommendations for insurers who are still happy to take this business??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Try some Brokers.

Advertisement