Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cut to size furniture board - where to get in Sligo?

Options
  • 20-01-2017 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hello everyone. I need few extra shelves to my wardrobe. It's not solid wood, rather beech effect furniture board/laminated MDF (I don't know what is proper name as I seen few different) so I'd like to ask you guys where can I get them in Sligo in good price ? I know, that Homebase may have them but I'm not sure if they are offering cutting to size as well ?

Comments

Try Rogers Topline in Ballymote (071 9189841) ,I got a sheet of that last year,about 180 cm length,think it less than €20!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Brooks in Finisklin would surely do that. I'm in S Sligo so I went to the place in Swinford and they cut it but I'd be certain that Brooks would sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jordi1910

Ok. Thanks guys,will check both places

Brooks wouldnt be as cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Homebase cut wood to size, I never used it myself, but I think it is a service they offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

dingding wrote: »
    Homebase cut wood to size, I never used it myself, but I think it is a service they offer.
    That'll be pricey!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

From the sound of it you want to rip down an 8 x 4 or 4 x 2 to fit your wardrobe.

1, Brooks wont rip
    2, Homebase may not as they've been taken over recently by an Australian company,,things change (expensive also)

3. Personally I would bring one of your existing shelves to Terry McGowan in Finisklin,, Town side of Ursuline and get him to cut an off cut that he might have,,,in any case its a wardrobe,,, closed who will see the shelf anyway,,, there are a lot of timber skins close to the one you want,,,let me know how you get on...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jordi1910

Hello again guys. Thank you once more for all advices. Finally I got it in Homebase and despite the fear it wasn't that dear. I got a 8x2 sheet for 14 Euros and they provided free cutting for it. In Brooks there was no colour which I wanted (in 8x2 size - only bigger in stock). I checked the Craig and McGowan shop as well as it's next to Brooks but I've been told that the price will be 35 Euros and ready for next day - quite pricey, but I guess he meant the 8x4 sheet, but still more than Homebase... Ballymote was too far to go.

image.jpg
    finished job ;-)

Advertisement