Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone used a weeride with drop bars?

Options
  • 20-01-2017 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭

seems like there's nowhere to park our trailer at the creche and i don't fancy getting a rear mounted seat so i'm looking at a weeride for getting spuckler junior there and home. only problem is i commute on a low end cx bike with drop bars and have read that flat bars are much better for using with a weeride.

any experience of using one with drops? distance is short which might work in my favour...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭mint man

i have a weeride and i think it says not to use it with drop bars, i imagine yous be leaning over on top of child to much anyway .
    i use to use it on flatbar racer and dont think it would be possible on my racer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

yeah i was pretty sure that was the case, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

mint man wrote: »
    i have a weeride and i think it says not to use it with drop bars, i imagine yous be leaning over on top of child to much anyway .
    i use to use it on flatbar racer and dont think it would be possible on my racer

i don't suppose you have a spare mounting bar or managed to pick one up at a reasonable price somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I would say you would be better off with flat bars commuting. It is much easier to correct the bike. I carry one of mine on the rear bike seat and it is no problem. I put a mirror on the end of the handlebar so I can see behind. Very handy in traffic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭mint man

i don't suppose you have a spare mounting bar or managed to pick one up at a reasonable price somewhere?

no havent got a spare

• Advertisement
Advertisement