Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Based on the map should I be able to get Fibre?

Options
  • 20-01-2017 4:17pm

In the attached image there are active cabinets on either side of my property but Sky have told me that the fastest line is 5meg.
    406929.JPG
    This snipped image is taken from http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ and the road is showing as active.

Would you be able to shine any light on this?
    If you can provide and Sky can't, I'll be swapping

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Am in a similar situation in Tipperary,  best of luck in getting a straight answer !

I work a lot from home and this map plus comments from service providers was a factor in the house purchase to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

In the attached image there are active cabinets on either side of my property but Sky have told me that the fastest line is 5meg.
    406929.JPG
    This snipped image is taken from http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ and the road is showing as active.

Would you be able to shine any light on this?
    If you can provide and Sky can't, I'll be swapping

Regards
    Hi  Deleted User,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm afraid just by looking at this map I would be unable to advise what the issue is. Our open eir team can check your cabinet details however as I have limited access to your line I would be unable to arrange this I'm afraid. Your provider will be able to check this for you.

Apologies I could not offer you further clarification.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

irelandjoe wrote: »
    Am in a similar situation in Tipperary,  best of luck in getting a straight answer !
    Hi  irelandjoe,

Is there anything I can help you with?

Thanks,
    Pamela 

I do not have a provider currently.
    I am looking for one.

Sky saying that they can only offer 5mb to there as did your sales desk this morning.

I am wondering why, as your official map shows the entire road as active for Fibre.

Is it a case of just activating or can it not be done?

• Advertisement

I do not have a provider currently.
    I am looking for one.

Sky saying that they can only offer 5mb to there as did your sales desk this morning.

I am wondering why, as your official map shows the entire road as active for Fibre.

Is it a case of just activating or can it not be done?
    Is there a line in the home already  Deleted User or is this a new installation? Can you PM me your eir code & I'll check this.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement