Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defence force medical

Options
  • 20-01-2017 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Do the bloods they take show up sti's / std's ? And would they tell u

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Stev3G187

Cobh16 wrote: »

Am. Bit bizarre to ask that. But I not all of them no. Like if you had crabs the won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Cobh16 wrote: »

You'll go far in this army young man. Most lads don't get their first dose until 3 star training at the earliest.

e370924fbca63a396d4377ced293a8ad.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭rkrk

whats how far he will go got to do with the question

rkrk wrote: »
    whats how far he will go got to do with the question

9bd76702c805ca03848e0a6b21f15fc5.jpg

just trying to figure out how such a hilarious joke like that from someone with such experience is more helpfull then an actual answer

• Advertisement

just trying to figure out how such a hilarious joke like that from someone with such experience is more helpfull then an actual answer

Ok I'm stumped as to what you mean here. What experience are you talking about? You know a sum total of nothing about me and my "experience".

For the record, I know nothing about STI screening in defence forces medicals and never claimed otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭hiddenmongoose

as already said..you will go far!!
    2zy998g.jpg

must be some amount of idiots in the army if nobodys capable of answering a question and can only comment on how far he will go. yes its a strange question but is everybody involved riding around on high horses all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

must be some amount of idiots in the army if nobodys capable of answering a question and can only comment on how far he will go. yes its a strange question but is everybody involved riding around on high horses all the time?
    Eh..... whooosh....?

Yup were all just a bunch of drooling idiots with superiority complexes!!

Aren't you in the middle of the application process at the moment? Having been previously rejected? Maybe you weren't a big enough idiot to get in before!!!

On a serious note, chill out pal. What you are witnessing is a phenomenon that is common in the military and among men of military age. A bit of gentle, well intentioned ribbing directed towards someone who may or may not have suffered a mildly unfortunate and/or embarrassing ailment/injury (an STI in this case).

Its called banter.

Other instances where miltary men might employ such a ''tactic'' could include: if a mate **** himself after a feed of beer, got a kick in the nads off some bird outside a night club, fainted on an important parade because he was a silly bollocks who didn't eat his breakfast that morning. That kind of thing.

Lighten up. It will stand to you if you are successful in your attempts to join the military

• Advertisement

i know well what banter is you dont need to explain. i just dont understand the jokes that people in a little boys club only seem to get. the joke is always at someones elses expense when they are genuinely asking a valid question. doesnt say much and as the saying goes if you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all. if i didnt have an answer i wouldnt comment something ridiculous so all my other internet buddys with superiority complexes (couldnt have explained it better myself) can giggle at. its just sad that you have to do that to feel good.

i know well what banter is you dont need to explain. i just dont understand the jokes that people in a little boys club only seem to get. the joke is always at someones elses expense when they are genuinely asking a valid question. doesnt say much and as the saying goes if you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all. if i didnt have an answer i wouldnt comment something ridiculous so all my other internet buddys with superiority complexes (couldnt have explained it better myself) can giggle at. its just sad that you have to do that to feel good.

Seriously mate spare me the faux outrage and get over yourself.

If you think the military is a little boys club full of ''idiots'' with ''superiority complexes'', then why are you trying so hard to join?

Or have you been rejected again?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 272 ✭✭Stars and Stripes

John_D80 wrote: »
    You'll go far in this army young man. Most lads don't get their first dose until 3 star training at the earliest.

e370924fbca63a396d4377ced293a8ad.jpg
    Excellent John_D80 :D even better than Lose Lips Sink Ships !! They don't make 'em like that anymore !

Excellent John_D80 :D even better than Lose Lips Sink Ships !! They don't make 'em like that anymore !

There's a load of these kind of posters about. Some of them are hilarious.

John_D80 wrote: »
    Seriously mate spare me the faux outrage and get over yourself.

If you think the military is a little boys club full of ''idiots'' with ''superiority complexes'', then why are you trying so hard to join?

Or have you been rejected again?

trying so hard to join?you would swear i was begging them. got in no problem when the tester did his job correctly. its a well known fact thats the case with elements of the military, its painfull and cringeworthy to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

yes i did. failed the fitness test the first time even tho i done more then what was required to pass. the other poster took offence when i mentioned this on here. the tester failed me and everyone else there on the day couldnt understand why and his reasons were stupid but thats a topic for another day.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Pointless thread. Locking. If someone can actually categorically answer the OP, message me, I'll unlock and post it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement