Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A6 Multitronic gearbox oil change

Options
  • 20-01-2017 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, I bought a 2013 A6 diesel 2.0 multitronic last year and it is due it's service now. The garage advised me that as it is at 60k km it needs to have the gearbox oil changed. Its very expensive to do so, and I would preferably not use Audi but the car is on PCP so I pretty much have to. Can anyone advise if this is essential maintenance or if they are trying to make a few bob out of me? Also, if I choose not to do it will it undermine the car's value. All (helpful!) advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Seeing as that 'box is basically a chain-driven CVT with an oil-cooled clutch, I'd be inclined to believe them on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not DIY, moved to main forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Kildalkey wrote: »
    Can anyone advise if this is essential maintenance or if they are trying to make a few bob out of me?
    A bit of both, I'd say. From what I've read, it's essential to get it done, and on time. Although, judging by the price Audi charges to do the job, they're surely also getting a few bob out of it.
    Kildalkey wrote: »
    Also, if I choose not to do it will it undermine the car's value.
    Probably. Any buyer who's done their research properly will want to see evidence that the oil has been changed on time, every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Jim79

how much?

Advertisement