Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uninsured car hit by company van

Options
  • 20-01-2017 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi guys

I will get straight to the point my car has been parked up for a number of months now basically because it's not needed, but today it was hit by a company Lorry which caused reasonable damage, now they did admit lability but the problem is that the car has no tax nct or insurance, can somebody please tell me the legal implications around this for me as it was parked on a public road

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Legally you cannot keep a car in a public area unless it's taxed, (not sure about nct). But it shouldn't make a difference since they admitted liability unless their insurance really wants to make a fight of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

jordo76 wrote: »
    Hi guys

I will get straight to the point my car has been parked up for a number of months now basically because it's not needed, but today it was hit by a company Lorry which caused reasonable damage, now they did admit lability but the problem is that the car has no tax nct or insurance, can somebody please tell me the legal implications around this for me as it was parked on a public road

Thanks a million

is it declared off the road with the tax office?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

If a tp hits a wall he's liable for cost of repair. A parked up car is no different but don't be shocked if offer is low if no NCT etc on car

Advertisement