Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yakuza 0

Options

Comments

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Such a genius way to end the fight. 5 minutes listening to Majima and he's contender for character of the year already. More people should be playing this game, seriously.

And we have a ground up remake of the first game arriving in summer. The way this has been selling, I have a feeling yakuza is finally gonna make it in the west

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It is always going to be a niche series in the West which is a shame, with Yakuza 6 coming out here it will be the 7th release we have got, it has a steady loyal fan base, but it is not going to explode this late in the game.

Xenji wrote: »
    It is always going to be a niche series in the West which is a shame, with Yakuza 6 coming out here it will be the 7th release we have got, it has a steady loyal fan base, but it is not going to explode this late in the game.

No I don't think it'll explode, but there's definitely a considerably larger fanbase now then there ever was. I'm anticipating a time where we're not waiting 12-18 months for a localisation, as opposed to seeing yakuza as number 1 on the bestselling games list

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When is 6 being released ?

When is 6 being released ?

Sometime early 2018 has all that's been mentioned, but of course that could change, I have seen December 2018 as well as a possibility, the way Sega have been going in recent times we are lucky to be getting it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sometime early 2018 has all that's been mentioned, but of course that could change, I have seen December 2018 as well as a possibility, the way Sega have been going in recent times we are lucky to be getting it at all.

Did 6 only recently out in Japan? I'm not surprised by Dec 2018 release date seeing as 0 came out in Japan 2 years ago :eek:

Yeah it came out on the 8th of December, we had to wait 3 years to get Yakuza 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Still on chapter 4, doing every sub story I come across. Just discovered the telephone club, basically the 80's Japanese version of babestation where you ring girls from a little room with a box of tissues WTF :pac:

Such a class game, gonna plow onto chapter 5 as I read the real estate missions open up and they are supposed to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

This is the best game I've played in a long time, since Uncharted 4, anyway. It's just so fantastically weird, the combat is refreshingly different, the main story is enthralling and the sub-stories are hilarious. Add to that the vast amount of mini games and imo it's better than GTAV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Started playing yesterday, can't remember having such fun with a game.
    Story seems quite serious...but then you start things like Karaoke or the Dancing mini-game....just hillarious.

I've had a non stop smile on my face playing this, the fighting is so OTT that it's just so fun and I'm actually interested in the main story too which helps a lot. I can see this being a GOTY for me.

• Advertisement

I just started chapter 6 and opened the real estate mini game. I had planned to push on a bit with the story but then discovered bowling, 2 hours gone like that. I picked up Horizon so gonna play that a bit before Mass Effect and come back to Yakuza after that. It's such a brilliant game, doesn't deserve to be rushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I'm on chapter 12 now, around 40 hours in, I assume there will be around 20 hours more to finish the story and the side-stuff. That's without me even really playing any of the mini games (unless I had to), and just sticking to the story + side quests + real estate + cabaret club.

A brilliantly weird and fun game, I haven't even bothered to play Horizon yet because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

€34.99 on PSN for the next few weeks until 26/04

I might buy it at that price :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    €34.99 on PSN for the next few weeks until 26/04

I might buy it at that price :)

Highly highly highly recommend it.

Can't go wrong for that price. Perfect opportunity to jump into the series

Still possibly GOTY for me....and some of the most memorable moments ever in gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I keep wanting to finish Horizon so i can trade it in and pick this up, but i'm having too much fun with it. I will most definitely pick this up though, i've heard people talking about the previous ones but never with as much positivity.

Yakuza Kiwami (remake of Yakuza 1) releasing in august for 35 euro. Still have to get back to chapter 6 or 7 in 0 when I finish mass effect but will definitely be getting Kiwami.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Picked it up for €35 in that sale and it's great fun. Basically what Shemue would have become if it was success and not utterly boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Damn blackjack. Lost all my rupees!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Playing this the last few days and really enjoying it,im really hoping that they remaster the lot for PS4 as I am looking forward to following the whole story all the way through..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So picked this up 2 days ago. 13 odd hours played, but i had to replay about 2 hours of it as i forgot it doesn't autosave... Really enjoying it, the dancing is mental, the singing is as fun as it always was, and i was both disturbed and in stitches laughing at one of the first encounters i had:
    Where the school girl is a Burasura girl, selling her underwear for money...
    That's seriously toeing the line!

Finally got back into it this week and finished it.
    Loved it all, probably my GOTY so far.
    I still have to finish the 2 big side missions though.

Majima and Kiryu have become 2 of my favourite characters ever in gaming.

The reason I got into Yakuza 0 and my fave story about it is due to the guys below.
    The 2 guys Huber and Ben have been playing Yakuza for years, their enthusiasm made me check it out.
    He tells the story pretty well :P :D

I've been dithering(I think) between games recently and your post has made me to decide to go back to Yakuza and finish it. Did you do much real estate stuff or plow on with the story?

I've been dithering(I think) between games recently and your post has made me to decide to go back to Yakuza and finish it. Did you do much real estate stuff or plow on with the story?

I completed the story, and before the final 'mission' they basically tell you to make a save.
    You can then switch between characters and finish up whatever missions you like.
    There is also a New game plus mode and an Adventure mode or something.

So I completed it first, then went back and loaded up the save and am now doing the Real Estate and Sunshine Club missions.
    The Fight club is ridiculously hard....and the catfighting club...well....I don't bet on that when my GF is in the room :P

Threw it back on there and just learned how to throw money about. I was told to go to a door to make some big bucks but I have an awful feeling there is something well dodgy behind it so will leave it til there's more privacy :pac:

Threw it back on there and just learned how to throw money about. I was told to go to a door to make some big bucks but I have an awful feeling there is something well dodgy behind it so will leave it til there's more privacy :pac:

I bet on the schoolteacher outfit lady...everytime ! :D

my-minds-telling-ep7v2k.jpg

Looking forward to Kiwami in August, I have not played the original since its PS2 release.

Ya should be good. GameStop have it up for preorder for 70 quid, double the rrp. I wonder will they rectify it closer to release

• Advertisement

Ya should be good. GameStop have it up for preorder for 70 quid, double the rrp. I wonder will they rectify it closer to release

It's GameStop! Of course they wont .

Advertisement