Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yakuza 0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Ya should be good. GameStop have it up for preorder for 70 quid, double the rrp. I wonder will they rectify it closer to release

Got it ordered on Amazon for €25.99 a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Ya should be good. GameStop have it up for preorder for 70 quid, double the rrp. I wonder will they rectify it closer to release

Its the Gamestop Tax....easiest way to avoid it is go anywhere else! I know there are games in the PSNStore and other shops for €60 that is €75 in Gamestop.

Best bet is keep an eye on Argos, Injustice 2 is out today for €70 in GS and €56 in Argos. I buy almost every physical game there now (if they stock it), got Yakuza 0 itself for near €30 a few months back.

Ah I know GameStop are outrageous, it's just this is the first time I've seen them charging twice the price for something. I'll probably end up just getting it off gamecollection

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got through the big door, well that was fairly NSFW or NSFHome either! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Got this yesterday going off all the recommendations here can't wait to bate into it

• Advertisement

I'm on Chapter 8 and really want to finish it before August 29th (When Yakuza Kiwami - remake of 1- releases) but it's so hard when Club Czar is taking up most of my time. I really need to push on from it but it's a great craic and the money is rolling in.

For the Mystery Caller side mission, the guy is asking for a 9mm pistol. I went to the weapon shop the woman only sells a model pistol. Where can I find the gun he's looking for? I looked up a guide and thery all say get it from the weapon shop.

Blog update about Yakuza Kiwami & 6

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/06/13/new-details-on-both-ps4s-yakuza-6-the-song-of-life-and-remaster-yakuza-kiwami/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I completed it, but left a save (which they tell/ask you to do) before setting off on the final mission.
    Completed the game, then now and again I just go back and continue with my club and real estate duties.

For you quest do you have to send people out on the missions to get the parts to get it ?
    It's apparently from that weapon shop where her husband teaches you fighting style and ye can send people around the world for items.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I completed it, but left a save (which they tell/ask you to do) before setting off on the final mission.
    Completed the game, then now and again I just go back and continue with my club and real estate duties.

Yeah I need to get into that mentality of just coming back to it but it's so damn addictive. Also, I thought I was used to the craziness of Yakuza but I just keep coming across WTF moments and they are brilliant. Majima has to win Character of the Year in the Boards Games awards.

To add to that, this is GOTY for me so far and the game i'm looking most forward to for the rest of the year is Yakuza Kiwami, and that's only gonna be €30-35.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah I need to get into that mentality of just coming back to it but it's so damn addictive. Also, I thought I was used to the craziness of Yakuza but I just keep coming across WTF moments and they are brilliant. Majima has to win Character of the Year in the Boards Games awards.

To add to that, this is GOTY for me so far and the game i'm looking most forward to for the rest of the year is Yakuza Kiwami, and that's only gonna be €30-35.

You'll have Yakuza 6 early next year too.

• Advertisement

You'll have Yakuza 6 early next year too.

Yupp!! I'll be sorted! I read you can go to their website and they have an interface story and digital comics that will bring you through all games up to 6. Not taking a look till I finish Kiwami anyway.

Yupp!! I'll be sorted! I read you can go to their website and they have an interface story and digital comics that will bring you through all games up to 6. Not taking a look till I finish Kiwami anyway.

Yeah, Yakuza 5 provides recaps on all the previous games with cutscenes etc.

You know in Kiwami that Mr.Shakedown is replaced by Majima anywhere :P:cool:

52729be272cf56fb5ef4c901df2a4c031448134326_large.jpg

Yeah, very interested to see how he becomes a kinda bad guy from Yakuza 0. Also, I saw the video of him doing the Mr. Labido dance. Some timing as well as I seem to becoming better friends with him in 0 :o

Starting chapter 12, the revelations from 10 & 11 were jaw dropping, so wrapped up in the story.

I dabbled a bit more into real estate management, something else I need to put off till after the main story is done. I'm looking forward to talking over the town!

Starting chapter 12, the revelations from 10 & 11 were jaw dropping, so wrapped up in the story.

I dabbled a bit more into real estate management, something else I need to put off till after the main story is done. I'm looking forward to talking over the town!

Although it's an enjoyable sidequest overall....it's REALLY annoying running alongside buildings hoping for an X button symbol to pop up so you can buy or invest in them.

Although it's an enjoyable sidequest overall....it's REALLY annoying running alongside buildings hoping for an X button symbol to pop up so you can buy or invest in them.

Yeah it really needs a list you can choose from. Club czar much better so far but but definitely keep tempting me from the main story. Think I've only 4 chapters left now so gonna crush on to the end.

I'm on the final chapter, think I'm near the point of no return. Did ye just keep that save, finish the game and go back to it then to finish side quests and businesses? I read there is a premium adventure mode you can start after the story as well but that seems to reset your businesses??

I'm on the final chapter, think I'm near the point of no return. Did ye just keep that save, finish the game and go back to it then to finish side quests and businesses? I read there is a premium adventure mode you can start after the story as well but that seems to reset your businesses??

Yeah I just kept the save and doing it that way.
    I can see the Premium adventure thing there on the main menu after completing it...but not tried it yet.

Yeah I just kept the save and doing it that way.
    I can see the Premium adventure thing there on the main menu after completing it...but not tried it yet.

Yeah think I'll do it your way, can always try premium mode after on a new save anyway and if it's shyte, go back to my point of no return save.

Not only is this my GOTY, but it's one of best games I've ever played! It had absolutely everything, brilliant story, excellent combat, highly likeable heroes and villains, addictive mini games, addictive not so mini business games and some of the most bat**** crazy stuff I've seen in a game.

Finished with 44 hours with 25% complete.

Created a 'clear game' save file which has a black logo to make it standout from the regular white ones. Then I tried the Premium Adventure Mode using that file and it kept all my end game progress and put me in the world with no main story. All sidequests, mini games, businesses, collectibles, etc. You can change characters at any phone and change costumes too. Perfect end game scenario really. Gonna dive straight back in for the Club czar and Real Estate stuff.

Bring on Yakuza Kiwami!

• Advertisement

Not only is this my GOTY, but it's one of best games I've ever played! It had absolutely everything, brilliant story, excellent combat, highly likeable heroes and villains, addictive mini games, addictive not so mini business games and some of the most bat**** crazy stuff I've seen in a game.

Created a 'clear game' save file which has a black logo to make it standout from the regular white ones. Then I tried the Premium Adventure Mode using that file and it kept all my end game progress and put me in the world with no main story. All sidequests, mini games, businesses, collectibles, etc. You can change characters at any phone and change costumes too. Perfect end game scenario really. Gonna dive straight back in for the Club czar and Real Estate stuff.

Bring on Yakuza Kiwami!

So I may aswell just do the Premium Adventure Mode ?

Also..my GOTY so far.
    The most overlooked game on boards I can think of in recent years.
    It came out amongst Nier and Nioh and Horizon which got a lot more attention on here.....but it's just better than all of them. :)

I love it.

Did you go to the 2 player battle mode....and do Kazama vrs Majima.
    The both of them strutting onto the dancefloor...perfect opportunity to take a screenshot and use as a wallpaper ! :D:)

Look at how majestic the opening 20 secs of this is !
    This is in contract to REALLY hardcore Yakuza violence and story in the main part.

Yupp, premium adventure mode is the ultimate endgame playground, just look for the option to create 'clear game' save file.

I've never even opened climax battles but I have been looking through my screenshots for a background on ps4, trying to get a pic of the 2 lads but
    I really didn't think they'd never meet until that "YO Kiryu" moment at the very end.
    Definitely gonna check that out. I only tried the dance game one and it was tough as ****.

Agreed as well, I enjoyed this so much more than Horizon. I started off this year only looking forward to Mass Effect and gave up on that too play this instead. Even now, I'd prefer to play some mini games than other AAA games. I'd usually only do that for the platinum trophy but I will never come close to getting that, so just playing it for the sheer enjoyment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bring on Yakuza Kiwami!

Platnium run?

Platnium run?

Ridiculous game to platinum. Some of the achivements are pretty hard and you'd easily miss them first time round.
    They're 'TINY' details to do with random sidequests...that you'd prob miss first time round anyways, but then you have to do something in the sidequest a certain way to get a trophy.

Platnium run?

I don't think so man, I usually try with games I love but I just don't think I'd have the time for this. I looked at the roadmap on PlayStationtrophies.org and it's crazy the amount of stuff you have to do. Think I'll just enjoy my time with it until Kiwami comes out.

Ridiculous game to platinum. Some of the achivements are pretty hard and you'd easily miss them first time round.
    They're 'TINY' details to do with random sidequests...that you'd prob miss first time round anyways, but then you have to do something in the sidequest a certain way to get a trophy.
    I don't think so man, I usually try with games I love but I just don't think I'd have the time for this. I looked at the roadmap on PlayStationtrophies.org and it's crazy the amount of stuff you have to do. Think I'll just enjoy my time with it until Kiwami comes out.

Also theres a difficulty specific trophy and I really hate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

For anyone interested this is €35 in Gamestop. After picking up a copy in Henry Street.

I've taken over 2 real estate districts as Kiryu. **** Outrun, they can keep the Sega arcade. I've beaten the 1st club boss as Majima, absolutely brilliant side quests. I've hired Michael Jackson as an advisor....

I've also found an encounter funded that populates all side quests on the map, wish I had this earlier!

I truly believe it's impossible to beat the electronics king at outrun. When he announced his score I nearly had to pick my jaw up from the floor, I'm thinking there's not a hope in hell I'll bate this. I was right

• Advertisement

Yupp I had one go at it and said nope, take my 10% I still got 100% share in the district anyway so no loss.

Advertisement