Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Homebond Registered and Mortgage

Options
  • 20-01-2017 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Hey all, just a little bit frantic at the minute, I was wondering, I am about to do my first mortgage drawdown, until my solicitor asks me for home bond certificate. I do not have it registered and was never mentioned previously. It is part of the special conditions in the mortgage in hindsight. I am wondering is there a way to get around this for mortgage purposes?

Any and all help is greatfuly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,901 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is this a new build or second hand property?

If a certificate cannot be produced for a recently build second hand property, expect the bank to revalue and you may find that their value is no longer high enough to lend you enough to buy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You can join up to home bond after the fact once your chartered engineer signs off on the foundations (depending on where you are in the build).

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭madmac187

It's under the course of construction at the minute with precast in for first floor. I was looking at the other options of Global Homes Warranties, they cover from completion. Anyone experience of them?

Advertisement