Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disc vs Rim brakes

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

You'd get the weight weenies complaining about that. I think my one tips the scales at about 10.4kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Disc brakes are awesome on an Audax bike, I have rim brakes on the road bike and commuter bike and I find them twitchy and hand-cramping in comparison.

*gasp* You're not affiliated with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

What this thread lacks is some science, so here we go, some real science-y science:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Ahem, that'll be Ms. NamelessPhil to you! I didn't take his Boards name when we married.

Disc brakes are awesome on an Audax bike, I have rim brakes on the road bike and commuter bike and I find them twitchy and hand-cramping in comparison. That's a nice Genesis equilibrium that you have that could only be improved by disc brakes.😀

Ah yeah... when I put my foot in it, I like to out the other one in too

I could hear your brakes from the other side of Tara hill. I thought ' well that must be Ms.NamelessPhil braking in a safe and energy efficient manner ' , as I fumbled around with my jittery tektro long drops :pac:

Thanks, might be a few upgrades* in the summer...

Edit - upgrades = potenza and new wheels!

Advertisement