Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photographing a Total Solar Eclipse

Options
  • 20-01-2017 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

I'm lucky enough to be going to the states (Oregon) to see this years upcoming Total Eclipse in August. As totality is only a couple of minutes long you have to be ready with the camera all set up and good to go for when the time comes.
    I am only a beginner when it comes to astrophotography (and DSLR photography in general) so I would be very interested to hear what approach others attending will be using to capture the special event.
    I have eclipse glasses to watch the event when it is still partial so it is only really during totality that I will be taking photos. So please let me know what shutter speed, ISO and aperture settings you think would work best and what you hope to achieve.
    I know I can google all this but I thought a thread on the matter would help others of limited experience like myself or those with more knowledge that just want to share ideas. Thanks.

Advertisement