Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanency = More money?

Options
  • 20-01-2017 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

Looking for some advice. Currently in my job over 2 years, entered as a grad and last month I was told I would get permanency.

However, I was told my contract would stay the same salary wise just made permanent and since I've heard nothing or been contacted.

Current contract is up soon and slightly concerned.

2 points I'm wondering.

Does permanency 'entitle' me to a larger salary as I wouldn't like to be still on a grad salary.

And does the lack of urgency mean they'll give me a contract with no room for negotiation (maybe a wild thought and maybe over thinking.)

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Nope, permanent contract does not in any way give you the right to salary increase.

Advertisement