Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crumlin Rd

• 20-01-2017 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hello, my family (from Cork) is travelling to Belfast for a few days and are planning to stay on Crumlin Road.

A TripAdvisor site says it's not a very safe area. Can anyone provide info?

We have young kids so we won't be walking around the place late at night.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Are you staying with friends or family? Or renting a house or something?

I honestly would steer clear of the crumlin road. It's an interface area and some parts are very loyalist - union jacks everywhere, which can be quite intimidating. It's also quite a deprived area - lots of derelict houses and rundown in general.... there's a high crime rate too - you're always hearing about things happening there on the news.

I was brought up ten minutes away from there and I have some family on the crumlin road and I just wouldn't advise anyone who doesn't know the place and have their wits about them to stay there. Belfast is such a great city with so many brilliant areas to stay in.... unfortunately the crumlin road would be one of the worst of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭scurnane

Thanks. We would be renting an apartment. Might look elsewhere.

Thanks again for the advice.

Wouldn't be a friendly place for a family from cork, really. I'd be worried about having a car with a southern reg parked on the crumlin road. And the area would give you a poor impression of what is generally an awesome city.

I would really recommend you book somewhere else. Somewhere on the south of the city would likely suit you best.

Just by way of updates, a police officer was shot on the crumlin road tonight

Sums the area up really

Advertisement