Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patricks Guild Records.

Options
  • 20-01-2017 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi There
    I have a sister who was born in Castlepollard in 1950. she was sent to America for adoption at about 6 months old. Happily we have managed to find each other. We know that St. Patricks Guild handled her adoption and I rang a Tusla helpline for St.Patricks Guild records. They were very helpful and said they would transfer them to our local Tusla office. Can any one please tell me :
    1. How long we might be waiting to see them?
    2. what type of information is contained in those records?

We did get some records from Castlepollard registers but they are very minimal just confirming Names and date of birth. Our late mothers name and date the child was taken to Temple Hill. Thats it.

So if anybody who has had experience of St.Patricks guild handling their adoptions or could tell us what sort of information may be contained in the records it would be much appreciated also will it take long for Tusla to send them out to us? It took 4 months to get the Castlepollard records.
    Thanks

Ballycarton

Advertisement