Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to London - A few questions?

• 20-01-2017 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭

Interested in moving to London for work, but I'm clueless.

Would I be best in trying to secure a place to stay before going over or go over and stay in a hotel / b&b first while looking for a place while I'm over there?

Any advice on how much money one would need to bring over to get myself setup?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Danye wrote: »
    Interested in moving to London for work, but I'm clueless.

Would I be best in trying to secure a place to stay before going over or go over and stay in a hotel / b&b first while looking for a place while I'm over there?

Any advice on how much money one would need to bring over to get myself setup?

What type of accommodation are you looking for, house share, studio, 1 bed apt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Danye

What type of accommodation are you looking for, house share, studio, 1 bed apt?

I'd prefer my own place to be honest.

But I wouldn't mind house sharing if it was more cost effective even until I got on my feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Guy Sajer

Don't forget to count council tax into the calculations. It caught me out as I had to pay an extra £100+ per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Have you seen the big thread on this?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057602607

What's your budget?
    What's you location requirement?
    Of course it's cheaper to share than have your own place by the way! I'm not sure it's possible to answer your question without far more detail.

Advertisement