Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with cctv

Options
  • 20-01-2017 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Is there anyone could help with the setting on a cctv I have?

It's 2t in size

Set it up the last day went to look back 4 days and could not get it to go back.

Went to hdd and it says "size 1998" free 0"

Is there no way that when it runs out that it can start all over again?

There is a loop record and this box is ticked. now it has run out of memory it will only go back about 26hours

There hd l have no book so not sure what to do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

pjwhite99 wrote: »
    Is there anyone could help with the setting on a cctv I have?

It's 2t in size

Set it up the last day went to look back 4 days and could not get it to go back.

Went to hdd and it says "size 1998" free 0"

Is there no way that when it runs out that it can start all over again?

There is a loop record and this box is ticked. now it has run out of memory it will only go back about 26hours

There hd l have no book so not sure what to do

Check recording frame rate , with HD cameras (1080p , 2 megapixel) 8-10 frames per second more than adequate . Also check bit rate . Most are recommended to be between 1700 and 3400 kps .

2TB harddrive is relatively small for HD cameras though , if you have more than 3-4 cameras you will get a short memory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Have you the date and time set ?? With mine if i leave it unset after turning it on it wont record.
    As for the memory i have 1tb hd recorder and 5 cameras it will record for two weeks before it starts overwriting.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭pjwhite99

Have changed all the setting as you said is there any way to get it to record over its self it seem to only go back 1 day?

Advertisement