Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NPPR charge was after all deductible from Income tax

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

4ensic15 wrote: »
    The NPPR goes up if not paid on time so it is not technically a penalty. The fare on the Dart is €100 abated if in possession of a valid ticket. people without tickets are asked to pay the full price of €100 which is not therefore a penalty.

Feel free to argue that to your hearts content with Revenue- and I wish you the best of good luck with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Feel free to argue that to your hearts content with Revenue- and I wish you the best of good luck with it.

The guy who won in the High Court argued. There is going to be an appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭GGTrek

4ensic15 wrote: »

The guy who won in the High Court argued. There is going to be an appeal.
    Unfortunately it is true:
    https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2017/0222/854544-second-homes-charge-landlords/
    The suggestion (in the article) is for each landlord that did not discount NPPR from Income Tax chargeable income is to apply now for a refund to revenue so that they do not loose the refund <mod snip> "to wind down the clock so as to deny property owners the tax refund they are now legitimately due arising from the High Court decision"

Advertisement