Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere for a good fry up in the Dublin 7/Dublin 15 area?

Options
  • 21-01-2017 9:42am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So it's a Saturday morning and I'm up early. I'm really hungry for a good full Irish breakfast and I live just off the Navan Road.

Does anyone know anywhere relatively nearby that would do a really good fry up? Bacon, eggs, sausages, black pudding, hash browns, beans etc?

I have a car so it doesn't have to be too nearby - just a good honest fry up.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Cowtown on manor street do a really nice fry up

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Cowtown on manor street do a really nice fry up

Cheers! I've heard good things about Cowtown from another web forum. I'll deffo give it a try.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Woodstock Cafe in Phibsboro opposite the Tesco.
    Absolutely awesome, sorted us for a great start to the year on New Year's Day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

What would make a fried breakfast dishonest?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What would make a fried breakfast dishonest?

Fake beans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Like that LoCal place up near the Phoeno.

A disgrace of a place, turkey sausages, quorn bacon, gluten free toast

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭mvron

A Dublin 7 local here. Lots of options .... Wuff, Oscars (in Smithfield) which is great for an everyday fry up till 11 , Cotto for brunch (also really good) on weekends & loads more but I have a soft spot for Cowtown. No fuss but good fayre (to my mind) & good service. Just my tuppence worth, bearing in mind that all these things are personal!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭coleslaw

i agree all good choises cowtown i go to with the kids,ps i hate the seating but the staff are great and are the ingreatients

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

The White Moose Cafe is another option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    The White Moose Cafe is another option.

The fry might be too honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Never been myself but hear the halfway house on the Ashtown roundabout is great for breakfast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Clarkes Bakery is really good. And believe it or not (seriously) Tescos on the Navan Rd/Old Navan Rd (can't think of the name of the shopping center) do a really nice breakfast too!.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Like that LoCal place up near the Phoeno.

A disgrace of a place, turkey sausages, quorn bacon, gluten free toast

God, what a bullshít market that place is.

They sell a "5-day detox" - 5 days' worth of juices and soups and stuff - for €100.

It's a café designed for performative Instagram "wellness" pricks... and it's always busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Theres a place in Mulhuddart Village called the Hungry Monkey thats supposed to be nice. I've never tried it though. Woodstock is a tad overrated in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Best username on boards, ever !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Theres a place in Mulhuddart Village called the Hungry Monkey thats supposed to be nice. I've never tried it though.

Herself was there before Christmas, wasn't impressed at all.

When we're out her way, we head to The Amber Cafe in Blanch Village for a fry - top notch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

Anything similar southside - Dundrum, Stillorgan, Ranelagh, Rathmines?

Advertisement