Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offered apartment by housing

Options
  • 21-01-2017 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone
    I've been offered a two bed roof apartment through council
    I've always lived in a cottage and a bit nervous of moving to be honest half excitement of having my first real home I really love kilmainham and the history the great grounds and the fact it's near beautiful parks I really wanted the liberties
    It's in kilmainham
    Any words on my fears

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Where the monthly repayments on the house?

That surely is a factor in moving in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Babs2016

It's 25 a week
    I'm nervous about noise and whether I should decline the offer for what I was hoping for in liberties

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Could take years to get another offer. Bear that in mind. Is the one being offered suitable, location aside? What's the concern regarding location? Is there a practical reason why you want it elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Babs2016 wrote: »
    It's 25 a week
    That's nice and central for you. You can enjoy all of the facilities of the city on your doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

How far is it from Kilmainham to the Liberties? 20 minutes on foot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,389 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

You are aware of the housing situation op? Turning down the offer will deservedly put you a long way back down the queue for the next offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

Je$us, offered a two bed apartment in Kilmainham for 25 quid a week and is considering his/her options. This country is pretty much fcuked up.

Yes ur right the analyst
    I've been in a gorgeous cottage for five yrs renting and after 8 yrs been offered this permanent place. I have to get key Wednesday and I should be grateful I just wanted opinions as I like the feedback
    I haven't seen inside I know it's big open planed living area fitted kitchen wooden floors etc I was offered flats in undesirable areas two yrs ago and said no cause I'm alone with my daughter and waited so this place is off the beaten track also away from influences of a flat complex and what that can entail

Walk to Thomas street about ten mins

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Babs2016 wrote: »
    Yes ur right the analyst
    I've been in a gorgeous cottage for five yrs renting and after 8 yrs been offered this permanent place. I have to get key Wednesday and I should be grateful I just wanted opinions as I like the feedback
    I haven't seen inside I know it's big open planed living area fitted kitchen wooden floors etc I was offered flats in undesirable areas two yrs ago and said no cause I'm alone with my daughter and waited so this place is off the beaten track also away from influences of a flat complex and what that can entail

Count your blessings and grab it with both hands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note

OP I'm closing this thread because indications are that it will be a disaster zone. You've gotten good advice already and I think you know what to do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement