Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Swansea. 12:30. TV. Radio. Internet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It's as if they think Origi is on the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

martyos121 wrote: »
    Guess we just have to get used to teams doing this against us, not even trying to attack.

The only good thing i can see is they are that good at defending we have had a few chances, but if they nick one i can see them defending for their lives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

This has the feels of a 0-0

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That was better pressing.

Another awful Liverpool corner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's a bold strategy playing counter attacker football when Llorente and Siggy are in the front 3

Guess we just have to get used to teams doing this against us, not even trying to attack.

Yup.....at anfield most definitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

should never be Can and Henderson if we can at all avoid it, either they slow down the play to a crawl or just give it away needlessly.

Olsson completely lost the ball there and ran into klavan, Olsson runs away from the fúcking ball to get to klavan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

No need for a midfield trio of Can / Henderson / Wijnaldum against teams we know that set up like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Our passing is as bad as Iremember. It's as if they're suddenly playing with a size 4 ball or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

bur wrote: »
    should never be Can and Henderson if we can at all avoid it, either they slow down the play to a crawl or just give it away needlessly.

Terrible pairing today, like two not very quick, agile or accurate things rumbling about the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Henderson is having a shocker.

On what planet does Lovren think it would be a good idea to shoot from there? Moron. I hate that.

Nothing better than a CB ruining the attack by trying a 30 yard weak footed volley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

lol Swansea player did the same as Klavan not not even a free kick was awarded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

No oomph in this match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Origi for Can and drop Lallana into midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

To be patient is wrong
    We need a sense of urging sea
    Can't afford to be too patient today
    The clock is ticking

Clyne is so frustrating on attack, acres of space to create a chance and he misses the ball.

• Advertisement

Clyne has to run with the ball and get behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Awful atmosphere again.

Knex. wrote: »
    Origi for Can and drop Lallana into midfield.

Maybe see that at 70mins.
    Klopp gives his starting 11 the time to do their thing more often than not & to be fair he gets results :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Not sure can will ever be a guaranteed starter under klopp, not quick and snappy on the ball like the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Good game for Will Ferrell, I presume he has an upcoming role in a morgue.

How's that not a booking? Henderson had his free kick blocked by Fer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Clyne will get a roasting he's been unmarked for the majority of this half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Look like we're still asleep. I expect us to improve in the second half tho. Get one and I think we get a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

That's a yellow card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Shocking first half. If we're going to keep going with these crosses, at least get some height under them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Disappointed that I didn't spend some extra time in bed after that first 45.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Tempo needs to be increased 2nd half far too passive

Augeo wrote: »
    Maybe see that at 70mins.
    Klopp gives his starting 11 the time to do their thing more often than not & to be fair he gets results :)

I see it differently, his biggest fault for me is making few changes and making them too late as well. He needs to be more ruthless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

All too slow.

Missing Mané something fierce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Early games are always ****e aren't they?

Something needs to change for the second half. Whether it is personnel or approach or something. I like the idea of Can off and either Origi/Sturridge on with Lallana going back a bit where he is most effective I think.

It'd be nice if Swansea worked a little less hard also and made a few basic errors. Be sound lads, come on.

**** on a stick. If sit and wait is the standard operational procedure for visiting teams then Klopp is going to have to work out a way to beat it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Very predictable game. Like most teams now Swansea have learned that you only need to play narrow and concede the wings to stifle us. With 10 outfield players central and behind the ball we don't know what to do. Forces us wide where we're resigned to pinging crosses in which we have no players suited for.

Sturridge on for Wijnaldum would be my change. Have Can and Hendo sitting in the middle and 4 attackers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Early games are always ****e aren't they?

I blame the guy who started the match thread tbh......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Badly missing a focal point up front. Agree about ditching Can for Sturridge and drop Lallana back. Worrying this slump now. Clueless in attack and slow and in transition currently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Give Swansea the ball, and hit them on a counter.......we cant break down a team who dont want to play football.

I see it differently, his biggest fault for me is making few changes and making them too late as well. He needs to be more ruthless.

I 100% see where you are coming from..... but to be fair u can see klopps thinking too. In this case we not being over ran or anything :)
    Origi & Sturridge didn't really force their way into the reckoning either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It really can't be overstated just how much Mane is missed.

I worry we won't change until 75 minutes and then Swansea will just see the game out. Can't just keep saying it's only a matter of time, time eventually runs out.

8-10 wrote: »
    Very predictable game. Like most teams now Swansea have learned that you only need to play narrow and concede the wings to stifle us. With 10 outfield players central and behind the ball we don't know what to do. Forces us wide where we're resigned to pinging crosses in which we have no players suited for.

Sturridge on for Wijnaldum would be my change. Have Can and Hendo sitting in the middle and 4 attackers

Wijnaldum should not be taken off under any circumstances, Can is the man not pulling his weight (again), Gini is important for the press and takes up good attacking positions. He's bound to take advantage of a chance one of these days.

• Advertisement

Henderson has been very sloppy with passes. Can remember 4 misplaced passes from the top of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

It really can't be overstated just how much Mane is missed.

I think it can. He has not been prominent in games where we are trying to crack a defensive setup at home, he wouldn't make much difference today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

5starpool wrote: »
    Something needs to change for the second half. Whether it is personnel or approach or something. I like the idea of Can off and either Origi/Sturridge on with Lallana going back a bit where he is most effective I think.

It'd be nice if Swansea worked a little less hard also and made a few basic errors. Be sound lads, come on.
    It's not easy to break down a hard working team that is sitting back, that's for sure. Maybe a more direct approach with more long passes into the box might get more joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

8-10 wrote: »

Wijnaldum should not be taken off under any circumstances, Can is the man not pulling his weight (again), Gini is important for the press and takes up good attacking positions. He's bound to take advantage of a chance one of these days.

I agree he's playing better both today and in general in a pressing and attacking sense but people are saying Sturridge for Can and drop Lallana back. My point is that I don't want to drop Lallana back, instead play with 4 attackers. And in that scenario I'd prefer Can alongside Hendo in the middle for defensive reasons. Can is better the deeper he plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Agreed, there is no need for Can in midfield when we are playing sub standard opposition at home. I don't know what Can's best position is or how he will fit into the team going forward, he has the physical tools and leadership tools but severely lacking in awareness and technique in tight spaces.. and the worrying part is, he is not improving on his weaknesses.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement