Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Swansea. 12:30. TV. Radio. Internet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

monkey9 wrote: »
    I do actually want Klopp to be asked the question why he brought Matip on in injury time and then launched balls towards him. It's fine to come out and slag off Mourinho and his style of football, but then resorting to it in the final minutes??

This is what i always say when teams play Mourinho style at Anfield. Don't moan about it, just deal with it. They're perfectly entitled to if that's the way they best seem fit to gain a result.

But why, after all the FIFA nonsense, did he keep Matip on the bench?? Was it just pure pettiness?

He said at the start Matip was not ready to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

limnam wrote: »
    Maybe he should focus more on his team been demolished at home to bottom of the table teams.

He might fair better.

No one was demolished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Plenty of teams showing up at Anfield now know that parking the bus is a valid tactic and one that may well work. Klopp needs to get something going to get around that. The match was lost in the first half in many ways, not a single shot on target. Too easy for visitors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

emmetkenny wrote: »
    No one was demolished.

I'd say any title hopes were.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Red Kev wrote: »
    Plenty of teams showing up at Anfield now know that parking the bus is a valid tactic and one that may well work. Klopp needs to get something going to get around that. The match was lost in the first half in many ways, not a single shot on target. Too easy for visitors.
    Scoring three goals and parking the bus?

Admittedly I just saw the result.

Scoring 3 in the second half doesn't suggest parking the bus or a game lost in the first half...

This is the problem when you're a one trick pony.

Your team get found out and when that trick is running around like headless chickens for 90 minutes it gets tiring.

Now you're found out and tired. So Swansea stroll into anfield and walk out with 3 points. Casual like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

He said at the start Matip was not ready to start

That is opposite of what he was saying in press conferences this week moaning about FIFA's behaviour. This is not anti-Klopp or anything, i wouldn't want anyone else in the world managing Liverpool right now, but questions have to be asked.

I'd say any title hopes were.

That's not what you said first though in fairness was it?

• Advertisement

This is the problem when you're a one trick pony.

Your team get found out and when that trick is running around like headless chickens for 90 minutes it gets tiring.

Now you're found out and tired. So Swansea stroll into anfield and walk out with 3 points. Casual like.

Lol do you want a fishing rod lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Its the time of year when the planets align again and Liverpool start dropping down the league

58034132.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Jurgen looks pisssssssssed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He looks a bit shell shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Hopefully he is asked some questions about being a hypocrite, but knowing Klopp he will blame Swansea for not opening up to let Pool score 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Southampton will be confident going into Wednesdays game.

Mane come back :(

• Advertisement

edgecutter wrote: »
    Hopefully he is asked some questions about being a hypocrite, but knowing Klopp he will blame Swansea for not opening up to let Pool score 4.

When has a manager been asked that lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Klopp up on nbcsn after this break.......coo cool.

Please ask the long ball question please.

On a more serious note with the exception of the United game Liverpool have been very poor the last few weeks and the defence looks shaky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Mourinho wins! Happy lads?

Can we close the thread now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Mourinho is always asked about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Poor performance. Need to concentrate on top 4 now.

We have made great improvements this season but still need add more in the summer as not many are available in January.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I started the thread for the meeting of these 3 years ago and it finished up 4-3 to Liverpool in a nerve shredding display of defensive ineptitude. Something similar today would be great. Who needs nerves anyway?

Got to say, a pretty impressive OP!!

On a more serious note with the exception of the United game Liverpool have been very poor the last few weeks and the defence looks shaky.

They were pretty poor against united....

You cN ask it indirectly watch....

Jurgen last week you were a little dossapointed I in jose going long to Ibra and Fellani however today you looked to do the same but had no tall men up top...what gives

MD1990 wrote: »
    Need to concentrate on top 4 now.

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

LFC fans are a resilient bunch they won't be panicking just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mourinho wins! Happy lads?

Can we close the thread now?

Not anywhere near being closed yet, they've a lot more of this to be doing:

WTDnnwE.gif

You cN ask it indirectly watch....

Jurgen last week you were a little dossapointed I in jose going long to Ibra and Fellani however today you looked to do the same but had no tall men up top...what gives

Modern management brother.

It's beyond our comprehension. We haven't done the right badges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Long ball merchants!

/thread

Talk about hypocrisy.
    Modern management brother.

It's beyond our comprehension. We haven't done the right badges.

Talk about hypocrisy.

Not following...

• Advertisement

Not following...

Call to end thread and then continue posting ;)

Maybe just sent Klopp a letter yourself asking that question
    You seem obsessed with manager's comments after a game.

• After that result, the English league is in danger of becoming a Chelsea title procession. None of the challengers look up to it this season.

Eh no

Spurs could easily hammer a weak City side

Imitation is the biggest form of flattery or something.

TBH If young inexperienced managers can learn from people like Jose.
    That makes me happy.

Course not......I just find thay someone can come out and moan about another managers tactics then a week later adopt similar but worse tactics.....at least Fellani brings people into the game.

Hitting the ball high to sturridge and Matip is desperation.

But you're right I'm loving the hypocrisy of it all.

Course not......I just find thay someone can come out and moan about another managers tactics then a week later adopt similar but worse tactics.....at least Fellani brings people into the game.

Hitting the ball high to sturridge and Matip is desperation.

But you're right I'm loving the hypocrisy of it all.
    I don't really care what managers say after games most of the time.
    I wouldn't take too much notice of it. Klopp mentioned Man Utd playing long balls out of frustation at getting a draw similar thing happened with Mourinho against Everton. Wouldn't read much into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Swansea 3-0

Goddammit.

I wouldn't take too much notice of it. Klopp mentioned Man Utd playing long balls out of frustation at getting a draw similar thing happened with Mourinho against Everton. Wouldn't read much into it.

So stop saying it. We all know how Mourinho likes his teams to play. Yeah, it's dinosaur stuff but it doesn't mean we have to resort to it the final few minutes especially after slagging it off a week beforehand.

So stop saying it. We all know how Mourinho likes his teams to play. Yeah, it's dinosaur stuff but it doesn't mean we have to resort to it the final few minutes especially after slagging it off a week beforehand.
    Stop saying what?
    I would prefer us to pass as well but I was talking about manager's comments immediately after games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I trust the Utd supporters are in their own thread by now....

Of course I don't but If we didn't pretend we did this place would be boring

Stop saying what?
    I would prefer us to pass as well but I was talking about manager's comments immediately after games.

Apologies, i'm referring to Klopp saying it, not yourself. Stop slagging off how teams set up. Mourinho sets his teams up at Anfield basically like Plymouth Argyle. He deems his team to be a fourth division side. Well fine. That's his style. Deal with it. We all know that's what you're up against. It does my head in managers moaning after a game about that set up. They're perfectly entitled to.

Apologies, i'm referring to Klopp saying it, not yourself. Stop slagging off how teams set up. Mourinho sets his teams up at Anfield basically like Plymouth Argyle. He deems his team to be a fourth division side. Well fine. That's his style. Deal with it. We all know that's what you're up against. It does my head in managers moaning after a game about that set up. They're perfectly entitled to.

Haha. You must have missed the first 30 minutes of the Anfield game where Liverpool didn't get out of their half. But yea fair enough

This the same 4th division team you couldn't break down at Anfield?

This the same 4th division team you couldn't break down at Anfield?

It is indeed. And it worked for them. And if that's how Mourinho thinks he can best get a result at Anfield, then absolutely set up like Plymouth. Klopp knows this so break the away team down. No point moaning about how the likes of Plymouth Argyle, Man U etc set up if you can't beat them, they've done their job.

• Advertisement

I trust the Utd supporters are in their own thread by now....

Evidently not.

• M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It will mean **** all if we don't beat Stoke
    Hoping Spurs do us a favor also

As I said lads

Have at it
    I'm nearly laughing myself

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    As I said lads

Have at it

You jinxed yourself Mick. It happens the best of us!!

As I said lads

Have at it

I think we're just trolling ourselves at this stage!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

As I said lads

Have at it

The anti-jinx is our thing Mick. :mad: