Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Swansea. 12:30. TV. Radio. Internet.

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

monkey9 wrote: »
    I think we're just trolling ourselves at this stage!! :D

I've just reported myself.

• martyos121 wrote: »
    The anti-jinx is our thing Mick. :mad:

Hahah

I gave myself a headache screaming

Wife thought I was going to jump out the window

It's two points dropped still, atrocious finishing by us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hahah

So who's up for creating a thread where we fight over who's team is worse? Obviously Liverpool :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

emmetkenny wrote: »
    So who's up for creating a thread where we fight over who's team is worse? Obviously Liverpool :pac:

Worst fans in the world, worst fans in the wooooorrrrllldd....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hahah

Yeah only consolation I can take from that is you really, really should've won it, much like the reverse fixture. We can rest a little bit easier now until the Chelsea game at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Combined worst 11

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

I came here for the Irish Man Utd fan gloryhunting.
    I was not disappointed.

• BMMachine wrote: »
    I came here for the Irish Man Utd fan gloryhunting.
    I was not disappointed.

I'd have a guess and say you are just drunk posting...
    Where is the glory hunting at?

I'd have a guess and say you are just drunk posting...
    Where is the glory hunting at?

oh theres none because thats totally not a thing. especially not on Irelands number 1 forum

• BMMachine wrote: »
    oh theres none because thats totally not a thing. especially not on Irelands number 1 forum

If this forum is such a sucky place then why do you bother posting?

• Advertisement

If this forum is such a sucky place then why do you bother posting?

oh Im not being sarcastic. This is a good forum. My point was more that such an obvious culture would in no way manifest itself on such a widely used forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

BMMachine wrote: »
    oh Im not being sarcastic. This is a good forum. My point was more that such an obvious culture would in no way manifest itself on such a widely used forum.

Irony is absolutely lost on people like you. The majority of Liverpool fans I know are 35+. Guess who was the most successful club in England when they started watching football.

Nothing wrong with that like. In the 80's Liverpool were a great team, had great Irish connections and there's no shame in having choose to support them. It was "glory hunting" like but again if you have to pick a team then not many will pick mid table mediocrity.

Now I'm in my mid 30's, when I started supporting united we were a cup team at best. I honestly have no idea why I choose them over Liverpool as my family is split. Coin toss decision, but anyone calling a fan my age from Ireland that choose United over Liverpool being called a glory hunter is absolutely %%%%%%%%%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Jayop wrote: »
    but anyone calling a fan my age from Ireland that choose United over Liverpool being called a glory hunter is absolutely %%%%%%%%%.

When your hero is Arthur Albiston. You know you had it tough :pac:

It was made easy for me, the aul fella followed city :pac:

Jayop wrote: »
    Irony is absolutely lost on people like you. The majority of Liverpool fans I know are 35+. Guess who was the most successful club in England when they started watching football.

Nothing wrong with that like. In the 80's Liverpool were a great team, had great Irish connections and there's no shame in having choose to support them. It was "glory hunting" like but again if you have to pick a team then not many will pick mid table mediocrity.

Now I'm in my mid 30's, when I started supporting united we were a cup team at best. I honestly have no idea why I choose them over Liverpool as my family is split. Coin toss decision, but anyone calling a fan my age from Ireland that choose United over Liverpool being called a glory hunter is absolutely %%%%%%%%%.

thats great and all but you do browse Liverpool fan forums on the internet to laugh at them. Maybe you didnt start that way but got caught up the culture of it?
    But isn't it amazing how its a lot of the same people that act in that way on here? I put it down to the fact that they support United because they want to be able to laugh and jibe at people first and support the team second. Their passion is rooted in spite. Its not an uncommon phenomena either and is not exactly limited to sports, look at Trumps voting base in America - all rooted in spite. People enjoy being spiteful to others and in terms of football and this country, Manchester United are a big part of that and the evidence is to be found all over this forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

thats great and all but you do browse Liverpool fan forums on the internet to laugh at them. Maybe you didnt start that way but got caught up the culture of it?
    But isn't it amazing how its a lot of the same people that act in that way on here? I put it down to the fact that they support United because they want to be able to laugh and jibe at people first and support the team second. Their passion is rooted in spite. Its not an uncommon phenomena either and is not exactly limited to sports, look at Trumps voting base in America - all rooted in spite. People enjoy being spiteful to others and in terms of football and this country, Manchester United are a big part of that and the evidence is to be found all over this forum

It's also full of judgmental people who seem to have an opinion on what everyone else is doing.

Read up on team/fan rivalry.

If you don't like it or want to participate, why don't you re-direct your fora browsing to something more up your street?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Their passion is rooted in spite. Its not an uncommon phenomena either and is not exactly limited to sports, look at Trumps voting base in America - all rooted in spite.
    Ah cop yourself on, Clinton's supporters loathe anyone who dares to disagree with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

You are slagging United fans.

On an Irish forum.

For slagging off other teams.

On an Irish forum.

Dear god.

Rod Munch wrote: »
    You are slagging United fans.

On an Irish forum.

For slagging off other teams.

On an Irish forum.

Dear god.

Im not slagging them. What Im doing is pointing out a big part of the culture of that teams support in Ireland. It does not apply to all either, but it does apply to a lot. If they want to act in that way, they are going to have to put up the reality of what they are doing and why. If that makes them uncomfortable and they over-compensate for it then so be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

No-one gives a fuk lads

• Advertisement

Im not slagging them. What Im doing is pointing out a big part of the culture of that teams support in Ireland. It does not apply to all either, but it does apply to a lot. If they want to act in that way, they are going to have to put up the reality of what they are doing and why. If that makes them uncomfortable and they over-compensate for it then so be it.

If it applies to a lot then why do you consistently single out United fans for doing it?

LFC fans for example have gotten great mileage out of the strife at United since Fergie left.

You yourself posted quiet frequently in the humour thread (which you have consistently brought up in feedback threads as being a blight on the forum) about United earlier in the season.

If you behave like a hypocrite then expect to be called out on it tbh.

Ive called out Liverpool fans for it too in the past. It just so happens that the massive volume of it I see comes from a few Utd fans. Personally, I'd much rather United winning the league than Chelsea or City due to how those clubs are run and who owns them - perspective ya know. And I didn't so much post about United, but rather the attitude of some of their fans, especially on here, member? Its when people do mental flip flops and cartwheels over certain subjects which is particularly interesting, namely winning draws because it reveals so much of the desperation deeply embedded in the gloryhunter mindset. Its a big part of the culture of Manchester United fans in this country and Im sorry, theres no getting away from it not matter how much you dislike it. It manifests itself on here and the best way to shut it down is to bring it up. Either that or you see people over-compensating to try and prove it wrong, like whats going on here.

Ive called out Liverpool fans for it too in the past. It just so happens that the massive volume of it I see comes from a few Utd fans. Personally, I'd much rather United winning the league than Chelsea or City due to how those clubs are run and who owns them - perspective ya know. And I didn't so much post about United, but rather the attitude of some of their fans, especially on here, member? Its when people do mental flip flops and cartwheels over certain subjects which is particularly interesting, namely winning draws because it reveals so much of the desperation deeply embedded in the gloryhunter mindset. Its a big part of the culture of Manchester United fans in this country and Im sorry, theres no getting away from it not matter how much you dislike it. It manifests itself on here and the best way to shut it down is to bring it up. Either that or you see people over-compensating to try and prove it wrong, like whats going on here.

I'm loath to get into a back and forth with you as you clearly have your mind made up and are seeing things differently than I am but just on your "winning draws" point.

When I watch United, even if they lose, I try and take the positives out of it.

Did we create a lot of chances, did we dominate possession, did we deserve to win etc.

The club are in the midst of a massive rebuilding process and have been since Fergie left.

There were a lot of missteps taken, on the field, at management level and at boardroom level, even before Fergie left.

I don't yearn for the halcyon days of the Fergie era, it was never going to last, the transition was always going to be a bumpy one, but what I see now is a team moving in the right direction, we are playing better football (in the main) than we have since before Fergie left.

We have a manager that has a winning attitude and does not say things like we should be trying to emulate City. We are signing players that have long term futures at the club and that are ready to play which is what was needed.

So I get excited when I see how we are playing.

I get excited when I see the calibre of players being brought in.

I get excited when I see a real team spirit entering the squad, something that has being utterly absent for a number of years.

You see it as being some kind of game of trying to one up rival fans, I see it as a bunch of fans enjoying the football the team is playing and being happy with the direction the club is moving.

That's fine but the same attitude was there when they were the super winningest team under Fergie. It's not so much a Man Utd thing as it is a people thing. That's how some people operate. It's part of their identity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement