Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantum 70 rf PIr sensors

Options
  • 21-01-2017 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have a new quantum 70 system but I need to remove a sensor to redecorate. I tried to take it off the wall and the alarm went off. I've looked at the user manual but it doesn't tell me how to disarm a sensor. I have the engineer code but I tried figuring it out from the pad, but I don't have a clue how to do it in the menus. Can anyone tell me how to do it please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Remove the sensor, the system will beep, put in your user code to silence it.

Then simply refit it when the decorating is done, replace the unit and you should be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jarvo76

The system doesn't just beep, the whole alarm goes off. When I go to the board it says "tamper zone 1"

I put my user code in to turn the alarm off. Then I tried to put the screw back in (as I'd half unscrewed it before) and the alarm went off again.

I think I need to disarm the sensor before I mess with it, otherwise I get deafened!

That is interesting programming for that panel, is it a Quantum or a 10/70 that you have?

Just I am confused as both of the above should be behaving as per En50131, where as yours is behaving like the old IS 199 standard.

Actually what happens when you put in that engineer code that you have?

It is a EN50131-1:2006. When I put the engineer code in I get a menu with lots of options. I go to manager menu ??? Then one in there is system config which I think might be the one I need, so I press yes, then it gives me ENG ACCESS all i can do is press yes or no. if i press yes nothing happens but then I'm stuck, it doesn't tell me anything else. There is nowhere else on the system that I can see anything to do with actually altering the sensors or configuration.

After you put in the engineer code, did you also have to put in your user code?

Either way once you are in engineer mode that should be enough to prevent the tamper activation

• Advertisement

No it didn't do anything. An engineer is coming on Monday. I described it to him and he seemed equally confused! Thanks though

Advertisement