Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW23 transfers

Comments

fourinarow wrote: »
    I have Baines, Jones, Chambers, Yoshida and Rose. Who did I bring Brunt(y) in for??

Depends if you play 3 or 4 at the back.

If you're bringing him in to start then I'd suggest you'd have to get rid of one of your current starters.

I shipped out Jones for Baines recently but I'm fearing 3 United clean sheets in their next 3 matches.

Sorry if I'm not helping but it's a real tough call. That said, I did sell Jones recently so I suppose that would be my answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

That gave me a real good chuckle.

Sorry fourinarow, the smartarse in me couldn't resist.

I'd personally go Jones>Brunt. Like FHFC I've had Brunt for a loong time now and am very happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Colking wrote: »
    I love riddles, but I give up, who ?

Deserves more credit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fourinarow

Colking wrote: »
    Sorry fourinarow, the smartarse in me couldn't resist.

I'd personally go Jones>Brunt. Like FHFC I've had Brunt for a loong time now and am very happy.

Serves me right! 😀 Similarly, I've had Jones for a long time and I don't want to give up a route into the United defence that easily! I hate this game 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Is it worth taking out Friend for Brunt??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

I have Baines, Jones, Chambers, Yoshida and Rose. Who did I bring Brunt(y) in for??

Jones
    He offers ZERO attacks no threat . Doesn't even go up for corners. So you are relying solely on clean sheets . And they have an annoying habit of conceding just one goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

FHFC wrote:
    Its Bruntinho. End of discussion.

Bruntinho works. Much better than Brunty anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Bruntinho works. Much better than Brunty anyway.
    Must protest! Brazil is overrated right now :p. So what about Michel Bruntini, Zinedine Bruntidane, Johann Bruyuntff, Diego Baruntadona or to take his position into account Franz Beckenbrunter :pac:...

Franz Beckenbrunter. Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fourinarow

km79 wrote: »
    Jones
    He offers ZERO attacks no threat . Doesn't even go up for corners. So you are relying solely on clean sheets . And they have an annoying habit of conceding just one goal

Jones seems to be the unanimous decision so, might hold off for a day or two though, looks like he's due a rise...

• Advertisement

fourinarow wrote:
    looks like he's due a rise...

... Thats because him and Mrs Jones got a thing going on.

Jones seems to be the unanimous decision so, might hold off for a day or two though, looks like he's due a rise...

He has been looking like rising for 4 weeks! I held him till end of WC and he was on 97%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »
    He has been looking like rising for 4 weeks! I held him till end of WC and he was on 97%

Poor lad, there's a pill he can get nowadays... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Is it worth taking out Friend for Brunt??

Who are your other defenders? Chambers seems like the best choice for a 'Boro defender

siblers wrote: »
    Who are your other defenders? Chambers seems like the best choice for a 'Boro defender

My defence is Alonso, Jones, Friend, Pieters, Amat

Is there room for Brunt??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

There is, I'd probably do Friend to Brunt but others on here might suggest doing Jones to Brunt due to Jones lack of n attacking threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Judging by this thread today, you've a perfect Jones-sized hole for him (if you've the cash)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lads. Unless you have a pressing transfer and no wriggle room in budget it's largely pointless debating some of the transfers above till after the FA Cup 5th round draw.

Boro for example are a side with a better than most chance of no blank in 28. Selling Boro assets would be premature IMO. Meanwhile Jones has a high chance of two blanks in his next 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

... Thats because him and Mrs Jones got a thing going on.

Thought that deserved at least a little bit of recognition :)

Maybe no Billy Paul fans on here....

Thought that deserved at least a little bit of recognition

Yes. Finally some recognition. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Thought that deserved at least a little bit of recognition :)

Maybe no Billy Paul fans on here....

YES!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Have McAuley since the start. Very tempted by Brunt though. But of a sideways move isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

El festino wrote: »
    Have McAuley since the start. Very tempted by Brunt though. But of a sideways move isn't it?

If I was to choose one now, having neither, it would obviously be Bruntenbauer (that was my favourite). But I also have McAuley and don't feel its worth a transfer right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Snodgrass at 5.7 or Pedro at 6.9.

Snodgrass on freekicks plus penalties could be huge value at 5.7, very likely to do this transfer next gameweek which givese Lukaku to Costa if I so desire.

dahat wrote:
    Snodgrass on freekicks plus penalties could be huge value at 5.7, very likely to do this transfer next gameweek which givese Lukaku to Costa if I so desire.

... No guarantee he will be on them at WH though. He was a big fish in a small pond at Hull, could be different in the big smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

... No guarantee he will be on them at WH though. He was a big fish in a small pond at Hull, could be different in the big smoke.

Ye I don't think he will be on pens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

dahat wrote:
    Snodgrass at 5.7 or Pedro at 6.9.

If Noble didn't give up pens for Payet, I can't see him doing it for Snodgrass.

spock. wrote:
    If Noble didn't give up pens for Payet, I can't see him doing it for Snodgrass.

It would be the noble thing to do.

Bah-dum-tish

Jayzus, it's quiet around here on non epl weekends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I did Holebas, Hazard and Carroll to Holgate, Stanislas and Ibra for a -4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Haven't a clue what to do this week I might just bank it. The only possible transfer i might make would be Costa to kane but that's not really essential.

I haven't been this happy with my team in many fpl seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Lallana to Antonio done....Liverpool have gone toxic

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Lallana to Antonio done....Liverpool have gone toxic

Few articles about how teams are figuring Klopp's strategies. I have no players from Liverpool and it would need a massive turnaround to even consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Lallana to Arnie, Tadic, JRod or possibly Stan for a -4. Any recommendations? I'm leaning to Tadic at the moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Giroud > Kane.
    Way too many options up front for Arsenal.

Sanchez will do for Arsenal cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Walcott has dropped to 7.4 while he's been out..... hmm (not yet)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

bantee wrote: »
    Lallana to Arnie, Tadic, JRod or possibly Stan for a -4. Any recommendations? I'm leaning to Tadic at the moment.

Tadic will break your heart. Antonio for me if you don't already own him

Jrood went off injured midweek

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Lallana dropping tonight so must decide on his transfer out also. Antonio stats v encouraging, city next though. Redmond and Tadic nice fixtures. Arnie an interesting gamble. Bark or Mirallas. Sight back? Probably swaying towards Antonio!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Fant11 wrote: »
    Lallana dropping tonight so must decide on his transfer out also. Antonio stats v encouraging, city next though. Redmond and Tadic nice fixtures. Arnie an interesting gamble. Bark or Mirallas. Sight back? Probably swaying towards Antonio!

West Ham fixtures slightly putting me off, Soton have the betters games ahead, I'll offload him tonight too. Already brought in Mirallas last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,309 ✭✭✭COH

2FT, 0.3m ITB and and need to get rid of:

Lallana: Yellow flag, crap fixtures
    Kone: Yellow flag, plays for Sunderland, is sh*t
    Pickford: Red flag
    Chambers: Red flag

Currently have to play Amat to field 11 players :eek: but reluctant to WC.

EDIT: Thinking Chambers, Lallana and Kone to Snodgrass, Brunt and Baines for a -4 ?

• Advertisement

Should i do Lallana to Sterling? Or is City attackers still a no-go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Sanchez Hazard Alli Iwobi De Roon

Ibra Aguero Barnes

.3 ITB

Might go Aguero to Kane & De Roon to Mirallas.

Reluctant to get rid of Iwobi just now with Arsenal hitting form but his game time going to be seriously impacted by Welbeck & Walcott now. The freeing up of De Roon gives me an extra option to start Mirallas

Siggy, Antonio or Barkley in for Lallana?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Fant11 wrote: »

Going Lallana to Mirallas. He is in good form and decent upcoming fixtures

Fant11 wrote:
    Siggy, Antonio or Barkley in for Lallana?

FF scout have a good article on siggy and his recent upturn in stats compared to the previous games under Bradley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Was going to do Lallana to Phillips, but I'm weirdly tempted to do Lallana and Defoe to Stanislaw and Lukaku with my 2FTs

I think I need to log out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Anyone considering van aanholt?

Rose or Coleman? Aware of rose Bookings number and gw28 likely blank but really want Spurs defensive coverage!

Fant11 wrote:
    Rose or Coleman? Aware of rose Bookings number and gw28 likely blank but really want Spurs defensive coverage!

With both Vertonghen and Alderweireld out, I wouldn't be rushing to get in Rose or walker for a couple of weeks.

With both Vertonghen and Alderweireld out, I wouldn't be rushing to get in Rose or walker for a couple of weeks.

Alderweireld back. But yeah, vertonghen is a loss.

• Advertisement
Advertisement