Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In-line surge arrestor

Options
  • 21-01-2017 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering does anyone know where you might be able to pick up an in-line 230V surge arrestor in Ireland?

We've had our alarm panel blown out twice over the years by lightening and I've just had a new HKC one installed and I don't really want to have this happen again, so I was hoping to install a surge arrestor in the mains feed to it.

Has anyone ever encountered one that is in the fused-spur format that might fit into a standard BS-type wall box?

Alternatively, I might source something on the continent as they seem to be way more common in France and Germany etc. I don't really want to go to the complication of adding a whole-house surge arrestor or having anything installed on the distribution board as the alarm is fed from one of the 20Amp radials feeding sockets in the same room.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Ask your installer, I got some before from Reliable Security, but I don't know if they will deal outside the trade.

Advertisement