Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Apple ID

Options
  • 21-01-2017 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

My father did something to his iPhone 4s and now it's looking for his Apple ID to do an activation lock. We don't know his Apple ID or the email he used to set it up and now it's saying that I've entered the wrong Apple ID password too many times so I need to go online to verify it. But I don't know the email or the ID. I've tried to retrieve the ID but apple.com say that there's no match. Any suggestions on what I can do to retrieve an Apple ID?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭AmboMan

I had similar with my sons iPod touch a few years ago, the email he used ceased to exist (@dublin.ie)
    I phoned apple and they were able to unlock it and alllow him to set up a new ID etc.
    As far as I remember they required info about where I purchased the iPod, when and credit card used etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Yes, Apple should help you - I also had an old ID with a dead email address - they altered the ID to a different email address for me. I had a newer AppleID, which they used to verify my identity, etc.

Advertisement