Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City vs Spurs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

emmetkenny wrote:
    It needs to be looked into. There's a strong case for it now.

Probably being paid off, ironically by the Chinese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Jesus is going to be a beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

This wont finish 2-2 anyway.

Some impact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Jesus looked nailed on to score there.

• Advertisement

He gives that free then and not the penalty.

Class. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

With Spurs' injuries Walker not getting sent off and suspended is a huge let off for future games too

Under the new rules he would not have been sent off. Only would have been sent off if it was outside the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Johner wrote: »
    Jesus is going to be a beast.

Poor on crosses though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Spurs bring on Stones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Poor on crosses though...

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Jesus looked nailed on to score there.

Not a fan of a cross, I would have thought, though.

Commentator on my stream

"This is a fantastic advert for the EPL"

Is it?

**** refs costing a team points?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Jesus to turn chances into goals.
    Nearly. You have to be wearing the right colour shirt to get away with offside goals though.

Jesus will flatter to deceive, cross my heart hope to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Sane has been very good today.

I forgot about Delph. :o

Blow it up ref fs

Sane has been very good today.
    Our best player today for me.

Schaden fraud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Lucky Spurs

Ref was very poor

City very unlucky not to win that.

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Schaden fraud.
    ?

I like sticking it to Pep but they've been robbed today.

Spurs have got out of dodge with a point they didnt deserve.

Chelsea had a field day without even playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Great result for Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Good result for everyone else in the top 6

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

And Arsenal

• Advertisement

Cheated there. The referee was a total disgrace. I hope Pep comes out and really lets rip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I like sticking it to Pep but they've been robbed today.

Spurs have got out of dodge with a point they didnt deserve.

To be fair they should have been out of sight. Missed a hatful of chances and ended up having two goals handed to them on a plate.

I'd be sick if I was a City fan though.

Chelsea had a field day without even playing.

Only if we win.

Not winning tomorrow would be criminal.

however, if we do win, losing next week at Anfield, after Liverpool losing today, isnt that bad either.

Again, we need to win though to take advantage.

None of our rivals have won this weekend but Arsenal will steam roll Burnley tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

I've been revelling all season in guardiola losing the head a bit but I really feel sorry for him tonight, they were robbed.

adox wrote: »
    To be fair they should have been out of sight. Missed a hatful of chances and ended up having two goals handed to them on a plate.

I'd be sick if I was a City fan though.

Oh ya, thats true, their first goal was class.

the second though with what went on the build up, I'd be livid if I was Pep.

Only good thing from this game, City fans have accepted Jesus in their lives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I dunno, it's a shame really because that was one of the best performances of any team this season, which is remarkable considering the circumstances they entered the game with. That 2 dreadful refereeing decisions will be the talking point and that it's stolen a great game of a rightful victor is sad is is just the latest high profile example of a sport with massive flaws in how it is officiated.

I'll just add when you see vibrant, exciting, innovative and technically excellent football as City produced there it just baffles me why so many in England (and Ireland) want to see Guardiola fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Soooo the trophy is Chelsea's then? Liverpool fluffing there lines knocks them out. If they win tomorrow, they are at least 8 points clear providing arsenal also win.

Spurs were lucky, very lucky by the sounds of things and if alderweireld is out for any length of time it could be tough for them.

I dunno, it's a shame really because that was one of the best performances of any team this season, which is remarkable considering the circumstances they entered the game with. That 2 dreadful refereeing decisions will be the talking point and that it's stolen a great game of a rightful victor is sad is is just the latest high profile example of a sport with massive flaws in how it is officiated.

I'll just add when you see vibrant, exciting, innovative and technically excellent football as City produced there it just baffles me why so many in England (and Ireland) want to see Guardiola fail.

I want him to fail because it means Chelsea will succeed but today they were excellent to a degree, their finishing left them down something terribly.

they have to be more clinical, if they can nail that they'ed be closer to the top of the league too.

Spurs, if they had lost that game by 3 or 4 would have had no complaints, thats how dominate City were up until a point but they just couldn't put goals away and it was two GK mistakes that left them in.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I want him to fail because it means Chelsea will succeed but today they were excellent to a degree, their finishing left them down something terribly.

they have to be more clinical, if they can nail that they'ed be closer to the top of the league too.

Spurs, if they had lost that game by 3 or 4 would have had no complaints, thats how dominate City were up until a point but they just couldn't put goals away and it was two GK mistakes that left them in.

Guardiola has said the same, they make lots of good chances, they just don't finish them. They should really have been out of sight before that 60 seconds happens but even so, a referee (and linesman) shouldn't be able to so wrongly turn a game like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

As a Chelsea fan should you not be happy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Pep set City up perfectly, they were brilliant, and should've walloped Spurs.

He deserves a whole heap of credit for the display.

But he also bought Bravo, who has still yet to pull off any save of note. At the end of the day, your team can be as brilliant as you want, but if every shot you concede goes in, you're fúcked.

I'm feeling infinitely worse than I did last sunday. When you've been cheated out of a deserved win, it's harder to accept than being on the receiving end of a hiding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Schaden fraud.

Are City signing him too?

As a Chelsea fan should you not be happy?

I am, win tomorrow and it's one hand on the trophy and I'm delighted for Conte and his squad because it's clear Chelsea have been the best team this season. I am still bitterly disappointed though by that result, and it's no secret I'm a big fan of Guardiola. His game plan tonight was tremendous and it worked, this was their game from start to finish but a referee denied that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I dunno, it's a shame really because that was one of the best performances of any team this season, which is remarkable considering the circumstances they entered the game with.

What circumstances? The team playing badly?

Every team deals with that multiple times a season, and eventually you'll get a good performance. There's nothing 'remarkable' about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I am, win tomorrow and it's one hand on the trophy and I'm delighted for Conte and his squad because it's clear Chelsea have been the best team this season. I am still bitterly disappointed though by that result, and it's no secret I'm a big fan of Guardiola. His game plan tonight was tremendous and it worked, this was their game from start to finish but a referee denied that.

And poor finishing. Put the ball in the net and you take the ref out of the equation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think long term Pep will do very well at City.
    Not getting much luck at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Kirby wrote: »
    And poor finishing. Put the ball in the net and you take the ref out of the equation.

Sterling was blatantly pushed just before he had to take a shot.

SlickRic wrote: »
    What circumstances? The team playing badly?

Every team deals with that multiple times a season, and eventually you'll get a good performance. There's nothing 'remarkable' about it.

I mean coming off a hammering and the media treatment of Guardiola and this City side I believe is truly unprecedented in the last decade. I've never seen a campaign against a coach and club run with such hatred and with such a real nasty undertone to it that really isn't nice in a sporting context.

Kirby wrote: »

That's true but even with that being the case in no sport should a ref be able to so easily take the ball out of the opponents net and put it in your own.

• Advertisement
Advertisement