Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honda Dream or Wave?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Ruxjit wrote: »
    Anyone know where one could get there hands on Honda Dream or Wave. Preferably 125cc but 100 would be ok?

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Honda_Wave_125_S_2007.jpg

They are available here called Innova.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

I'm living in Thailand at the minute so I'm riding them a lot. They are rubbish. Why do you want one?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

I'm living in Thailand at the minute so I'm riding them a lot. They are rubbish. Why do you want one?!

Why are they rubbish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

The mechanics here are always busy. Just last week a friend's bike got stuck with the throttle open, scared the **** out of him!

Apart from that the auto clutch is terrible, maybe it's just these or maybe it's the same on all semis. You can't get a smooth gear change at all. Good for wheelies but not much else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

In fairness they are not unreliable, given the popularity of underbones in Thailand and SE Asia in general, mechanics will always be busy.
    A sticking throttle cable doesn't mean a bike is rubbish either, it's a maintenance issue not a quality issue.

If you aren't used to a semi- auto clutch then it might take a bit of getting used to but smooth changes aren't that hard, ask any Honda Cub rider 50-70-90 how they roll.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

CJhaughey wrote: »
    In fairness they are not unreliable, given the popularity of underbones in Thailand and SE Asia in general, mechanics will always be busy.
    A sticking throttle cable doesn't mean a bike is rubbish either, it's a maintenance issue not a quality issue.

If you aren't used to a semi- auto clutch then it might take a bit of getting used to but smooth changes aren't that hard, ask any Honda Cub rider 50-70-90 how they roll.:D

You get the hang of them pretty quickly. It's actually a centrifugal clutch, much like a chainsaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

I lived in Thailand too, I drove them over there for years and found them very reliable, that's why I'd like one for a run around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sombaht

Meskell's in Limerick have the Wave:

http://www.meskellmotorcycles.com/used-bikes/car/view/2/158

Bit pricey for what it is though.

Cheers,
    sombaht

Advertisement