Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can you start working with a new employer before your old contract ends?

Options
  • 21-01-2017 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My end of employment date with my current employer is 9th February and my start date with my new employer is the 6th. I am using annual leave to start earlier with the new employer, is this okay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Of course it is, you can work as many job as you wish.
    Only issue would be if your new employer is a competitor of your old one, in that case I would bring it to HR, just in case. Also check your new contract, again contact HR if in doubt. It won't be an issue but make them aware in case it would come up in a future audit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

muggins111 wrote: »
    My end of employment date with my current employer is 9th February and my start date with my new employer is the 6th. I am using annual leave to start earlier with the new employer, is this okay?

i think you are fine on this one.

Advertisement