Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anyone studied in Denmark?

• 21-01-2017 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32

Just curious if anyone has studied in Denmark or who knows someone Irish that has? I did a good bit of research and it seems that there are no tuition fees and as an EU citizen I qualify for there grants while studying. The grants seem to cover almost all of your expenses but you also need to be working 10 hours a week as a requirement.
    I wondering if this is to good to be true or if there's a catch. I think Denmark would be an amazing country to study in regardless but if I'm right it's amazing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭smallorfaraway

My son is also looking at Denmark. He's in 5th year. We have drawn similar conclusions to yourself, but would be interested to know what reasonable living expenses would be.

Following with interest.

My auntie lives there. She studied there all for free. However the Danish government changed some rules and now to need to know somebody to get in. If you ask me, those are measures against muslim terrorist attacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 Pyro7046

Update:
    I am now studying in Aalborg, Denmark. There are no fees and my rent would be about €430 but the expense of living here is a bit higher than at home. 
    I've been unable to get a part time job until now so unfortunately haven't been able to receive the Student Grant (SU). I do know quiet a few students that have a job and receive the grant. Aalborg is quiet a small city and there are a lot of international students and not a whole lot of jobs for them if you can't speak Danish. It's mainly the international students competing for jobs as the Danish students receive the grant regardless of being employed. They actually loose there grant if the work more than a permitted number of hours which is very low.
    I have been told that non danish speakers can get a job easily in Copenhagen although you should take into account that the cost of living is higher especially rent wise, even finding an apartment to rent can be difficult. 

I'm not on here much but if you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them!

Advertisement