Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swords - Activities for a 2 y.o. baby

Options
  • 22-01-2017 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi guys,

We are new in Swords.

Could you please advise what activities we have in Swords for our little ones (any parents/toddlers meetings, play and music classes, aerobics, art, library story time, swimming lessons...anything you know please).

We stay at home currently and are opened to anything interesting.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Fun Galaxy airside is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

http://www.cuidiu.com/branches_list
    If you scroll down to Dublin North County, there's a link to the Cuidiu facebook page for that area. Im not in Swords but the Cuidiu group in my area has an activity organised every day of the week from coffee mornings, walks, swimming etc. Be worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

We live near Swords and have a 2.5 year old. Do you have a car? If so, I'd suggest the following:

Newbridge house in Donabate. Great playground, good for walks, has a petting farm you can pay into or you can walk around the fields at the back of the house and look at the animals there instead.

Malahide Castle, great playground, loads of running space

Ardgillan Castle Skerries. Super playground, loads of space, fairy doors around the immediate castle for investigating :)

Beaches in Donabate, Skerries, Portmarnock and Portrane. Nothing like them for wearing out little legs and lungs!

There's a Health Centre in the middle of Swords - just around across the road from the side entrance to the Castle Shopping Centre. It's kind of hidden in a dip in the road, beside a bridge. There are barriers but they lift automatically. That has a notice board with signs of groups etc in the area. Or ring your public Health nurse and she'll advise you. Also check out the notice boards in JCs supermarket and the library (beside JCs), and you will probably get signs for groups.

Swimming is in ALSAA (toddler groups a couple mornings a week, but beware - it's a cold pool!!). Energie fitness has a good pool with a kiddie section and also some toddler hours. It's a private facility but you can buy a family pass. Portmarnock Leisure Centre has family hours on a Sunday morning too and open swimming hours during the week.

Sorry I can't give you exact details of times and places, as I said Swords isn't our immediately local town but we do spend a good bit of time there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

There's a toddler group on Wednesday mornings in the Holywell Community Centre, right beside the Educate Together from 10am-12pm.
    And I think every 4th Tuesday of the month there's a baby book club on in the library beside JC's. It's actually on this morning at 10.30am if you can make it! Ring up the library n u can put ur name down n they'll send u a text when it's on next.

Advertisement