Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maritime Hub

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I heard it's part of the development plan for the area around parc ui caoimhe, marina. Don't hold me to that though. Had a look there for the online version of that publication, can't find one.

I'll see if I can pick up one of those leaflets they are all holding and scan it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭thomil

Meitheal Mara have announced plans for a maritime hub
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/meitheal-mara-makes-a-splash-with-currach-plans-440161.html

Sounds great. The scale seems far too big for their current home near Proby's Quay (I think). I saw elsewhere that they are likely to be gifted a site by Cork City Council on banks of the Lee.

This seems like a great idea. I'm just curious, anybody know where this is planned for?

Great Idea for sure! I just hope the location for that new hub isn't too far from the city centre, otherwise it might be difficult to attract visitors or volunteers. Any chance they'll get the old Port of Cork building and Warehouse? Would be a great location for them in my eyes.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Pepsirebel

thomil wrote: »
    Great Idea for sure! I just hope the location for that new hub isn't too far from the city centre, otherwise it might be difficult to attract visitors or volunteers. Any chance they'll get the old Port of Cork building and Warehouse? Would be a great location for them in my eyes.

The bonded warehouses is ripe for development...be it cafes, restaurants, etc or some museum with a board walk would turn an eyesore into something great....With proper thought out ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 16,312 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Pepsirebel wrote: »
    The bonded warehouses is ripe for development...be it cafes, restaurants, etc or some museum with a board walk would turn an eyesore into something great....With proper thought out ideas

A proper maritime museum would be great, for a city with a long maritime heritage it's a major omission. Cafes/restaurants are fine, but think we're well enough served with those. The museum in Fitzgerald's Park is a bit remote, open only a half day on sundays which is not much use to many and not open all year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭BoltzmannBrain

An interview with Safehaven Marine's Frank Kowalski. Their boat Thunder Child is doing a round Ireland record attempt.

http://coastmonkey.ie/record-attempt-thunder-child-new-look/

• Advertisement
Advertisement