Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forest for camping

Options
  • 22-01-2017 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi , I'm new to the area and living near Headford. Can anyone recommend a forest for camping? Not too far away, north Galway / south Mayo kinda thing. Will just be me, maybe the dog too. Won't be going until spring or when the weather warms up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭Boggy Turf

joejoe87 wrote: »
    Hi , I'm new to the area and living near Headford. Can anyone recommend a forest for camping? Not too far away, north Galway / south Mayo kinda thing. Will just be me, maybe the dog too. Won't be going until spring or when the weather warms up.

Castle Hacket hill near Belclare? There are paths around it now but it's easy to find a quiet location. And the forests are mainly deciduous which is nicer than the fir/spruce/pine forests.

joejoe87 wrote: »

Renville? Camped there as a scout years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Two forests that I like to visit in South Mayo are Tourmakeady and Ardilaun (near Cong). I can't comment on the legality of camping in either. I think both are owned by Coillte.

Advertisement