Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglaries in Tullamore

• 22-01-2017 7:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭

What's been going on this month? Every week there seems to be one day with a huge amount of houses being hit. I've noticed a slight increase in Gardai on foot patrol but tbh, I'm worried. From what I've heard, houses have been turned over in less than fifteen minutes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

What's been going on this month? Every week there seems to be one day with a huge amount of houses being hit. I've noticed a slight increase in Gardai on foot patrol but tbh, I'm worried. From what I've heard, houses have been turned over in less than fifteen minutes.

This was the same 2 and a half years ago. I was totally decimated by a burglary. Two cars and numerous other items.

It seems as if these groups target specific towns for a certain period and move on. An increased garda presence in the town will hopefully see the scum go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

We are out in Mucklagh and a few weeks back there was lots of bikes stolen in the area all around the same time & at night. Seemed to be organised & not just young lads :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

We are out in Mucklagh and a few weeks back there was lots of bikes stolen in the area all around the same time & at night. Seemed to be organised & not just young lads :mad:

Funny, just scrolled past a headline on Facebook where guards stopped a van full of stolen bikes. With a lot of people cycling these days, racers are big business

Advertisement