Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNS/WIFI keeps dropping

Options
  • 22-01-2017 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

I'm on my 3rd router, from near enough when I started my contract with eir the internet keeps dropping, sometimes for a few minutes, to a few hours to a day. It's not as bad as some reports I've read online, we can go for a week with a solid connection.
    My technical ability limits me to turning it off and on again. At the moment the DNS light is flashing.
    I've been told it's not a line fault so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction on how to fix it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

hairyslug wrote: »
    I'm on my 3rd router, from near enough when I started my contract with eir the internet keeps dropping, sometimes for a few minutes, to a few hours to a day. It's not as bad as some reports I've read online, we can go for a week with a solid connection.
    My technical ability limits me to turning it off and on again.  At the moment the DNS light is flashing.
    I've been told it's not a line fault so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction on how to fix it.
    Hi  hairyslug,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm so sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with your modem. I would recommend contacting the technical team & troubleshooting the issues you are experiencing. You can contact them on 1890260260 or freephone 1901 option 2. 

Thanks,
    Pamela

Advertisement