Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 yr old obsessed with numbers and counting

Options
  • 22-01-2017 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Little guy is now 2yrs 3 mths is obsessed with numbers and counting. He sees numbers everywhere and in everything. He reads bar codes on things cos he can see the teeny numbers. If we pass a road sign or a car, he zones in on the number plate and starts counting. Feck sake, now I'm back worried about ASD even tho I had got convinced he didn't have enough traits.

Is this quirky numbers/ counting thing ever "normal"??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

He sounds very smart. He is probably going to be brilliant at maths. If you are concerned about ASD ask your phn for a referral now as you will probably be waiting a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

He sounds very smart. He is probably going to be brilliant at maths. If you are concerned about ASD ask your phn for a referral now as you will probably be waiting a long time.

We are with EIT and waiting on Assessment of Need but of course I keep hoping it's not ASD. He doesn't have the other traits really so it's confusing. Anyways. ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

73trix, no offence, but you need to relax a little. You seem to start a thread worrying about your child every few weeks, it must be exhausting! My 2yo is the same, he loves to count and finds numbers everywhere. It just means he's intelligent if anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You asked this exact same question in your other thread so I'll close this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement