Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics Moderators condoning political violence

Options
  • 22-01-2017 11:20am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭

One would have thought that in the politics forum we can discuss things in a grown up, fair even handed manner.
    The key word here is discuss. People are going to have different political beliefs and ideologies, sometimes these debates can get heated. That is the nature of politics.

However, I have noticed a trend where by the use of violence is often condoned, not only by users but by moderators themselves.

If the politics forum tolerates this, then what is the point of a politics forum? At the end of the day, if someone disagrees with my points of view, instead of debating the points made and making reason, logic your weapon, you instead use your fists, bats, knives, guns and bombs your weapons.

If moderators tolerate this, then is it ok people to advocate violence and condone violence against a whole range of people, races, ideaologies and subjects, who share different political beliefs.

In my opinion moderators on boards.ie should condone violence all times when used illegally. It is disappointing that moderators advocate and condone street violence.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Have you got a link to the mods condoning violence?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭FA Hayek

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

It should be pointed out that he isn't a mod of the general Politics forum (where those post are from), only the Politics café.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Is it possible to find something hilarious while condemning it?

I'd say yes.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP, did you report your concerns to the local mods before starting a thread here?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

What we have here are two posts by a regular poster (not a mod of the forum) that the OP finds issue with. This is not appropriate for discussion as site Feedback.

OP - Please use the report post function if you feel that the forum charter has been breached.

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Hardly a trend. 2 comments on the same subject.

I'd say I'm not the only one to have known who the OP was referring to before following the link at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

FA Hayek wrote: »
    One would have thought that in the politics forum we can discuss things in a grown up, fair even handed manner.
    The key word here is discuss. People are going to have different political beliefs and ideologies, sometimes these debates can get heated. That is the nature of politics.

However, I have noticed a trend where by the use of violence is often condoned, not only by users but by moderators themselves.

If the politics forum tolerates this, then what is the point of a politics forum? At the end of the day, if someone disagrees with my points of view, instead of debating the points made and making reason, logic your weapon, you instead use your fists, bats, knives, guns and bombs your weapons.

If moderators tolerate this, then is it ok people to advocate violence and condone violence against a whole range of people, races, ideaologies and subjects, who share different political beliefs.

In my opinion moderators on boards.ie should condone violence all times when used illegally. It is disappointing that moderators advocate and condone street violence.

Petty thread is petty

Advertisement