Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I send emails to BT Internet customers?

Options
  • 22-01-2017 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭

I have recently discovered that a number of people with whom I correspond regularly have not been receiving my emails since early November. I've managed to make contact via my wife's gmail account, but it's far from ideal. I've asked them to add me to their safe senders list, but that hasn't solved the problem. They are still able to send emails to me.

I have now noticed that all three of them are customers of BT Internet. As these seem to be the only three people who are having trouble receiving my emails, it occurs to me that BT Internet may have blocked all emails from eircom.net. I remember there was some general problem with sending emails a couple of months back and maybe the problem stems from this outage.

Can you look into it please and let me know how normal interaction with BT Internet customers can be restored?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

abff wrote: »
    I have recently discovered that a number of people with whom I correspond regularly have not been receiving my emails since early November. I've managed to make contact via my wife's gmail account, but it's far from ideal. I've asked them to add me to their safe senders list, but that hasn't solved the problem. They are still able to send emails to me.

I have now noticed that all three of them are customers of BT Internet. As these seem to be the only three people who are having trouble receiving my emails, it occurs to me that BT Internet may have blocked all emails from eircom.net. I remember there was some general problem with sending emails a couple of months back and maybe the problem stems from this outage.

Can you look into it please and let me know how normal interaction with BT Internet customers can be restored?

Thanks
    Hi  abff,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I would recommend contacting the technical team & troubleshooting the issues you are experiencing. You can contact them on 1890260260 or freephone 1901 option 2. 

Thanks, 
    Pamela

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭abff

Thanks Pamela. I called them and they talked it through with me, but they had no record of any general problem with BT Internet so all they could suggest was that I ask my friends to talk to BT Internet about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

abff wrote: »
    Thanks Pamela. I called them and they talked it through with me, but they had no record of any general problem with BT Internet so all they could suggest was that I ask my friends to talk to BT Internet about it.
    No problem  abff, thanks for the update.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement